DC wants to defend 205lb title vs. Shogun before Lesnar fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Daniel Cormier may defend his light heavyweight title before squaring off with Brock Lesnar.

The two-division UFC champion, who knocked out Stipe Miocic to capture the heavyweight belt at UFC 226 last weekend, told Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show on Monday that he would be open to a 205-pound bout against Mauricio Rua first.

Because of his one-year USADA suspension from 2016 that froze once he left the drug-testing pool, Lesnar won’t be eligible to return to the UFC until early next year. Meanwhile, Cormier wants to get a fight in before then. “DC” said after beating Miocic he only wants big fights moving forward, and facing former…

Daniel Cormier open to 205-pound title defense vs. Shogun Rua before Brock Lesnar fight

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
does DC know that Shogun is fighting Volkan in a couple weeks?

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
If shogun beats Smith and is on a 4 fight win streak I have no issue with a legend getting one final shot.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
And the hangover is already here.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
fuck it. this is mma now . lets do it. may be shogun wins the title and everyone marks out and calls him the goat for a couple weeks

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
fuck it. this is mma now . lets do it. may be shogun wins the title and everyone marks out and calls him the goat for a couple weeks
he has helluva resume

not goat but a must watch fighter with balls of steel and always tries for finish

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
is it cuz Jon Jones won the LHW belt off of SHogun?

DC wants to close out the division by beating Shogun for the last time?

I don't know the logic behind but I support this call out

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I don’t know
Gus is 2-2 in the last 3 1/2 years. Yes he’s won 2 in a row but the last was 14 months ago.
gus is about as good as it gets at LHW, definitely above "a name to help put over Anthony Smith" - which is apparently how WME sees Shogun.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
The fact DC is talking about actively getting back in there makes him once again a top fighter. So many fighters would be banging on about waiting for a money fight or wanting to not fight an interim champ over a contender or some shit.

He at least wants to get back in there and lose that ridiculous belly which might be tough work.

Now... Shogun. Let's calm the fuck down though DC yea.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I'm pretty confident Shogun/Smith vs. Gus/Volkan will determine the new champ. Dana don't like champ champs.

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
DC must be building an island lair or something else that requires big bucks. Maybe buying his own country where saying the name Jon Jones lands you jail time.

Actually. it looks like he's accepted he'll never get to beat JJ and has just decided to make as much bank as he can in his final year. Good for the fat little fucker, he's earned the opportunity. ;)