DC wants to defend 205lb title vs. Shogun before Lesnar fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
Gus is clearly the guy who should get the shot, especially if he wins his next fight, but Gus is also way too dangerous a matchup, especially with a big money Lesnar fight looming.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Yoel Romero is 1-2 in his last 3, has missed weight his last 2 fights, and will likely test positive and have the bout cancelled.

So he's got to be the favorite to get the next title shot at LHW...

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I will never have an issue with a Shogun title fight , its not like the other lhw's have put themselves in a position that is clear you know

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
Stipe deserves a rematch, but Brock locked up the shot there by not winning a fight in 6 years, testing positive for steroids, and calling DC a motherfucker.

Volkan was in the running at LHW, till he was cleared of his battery charges.

Shogun's chances would be better if he started tweeting ' I eatey, I sleepy, I rapey'

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2015

Daniel Cormier may defend his light heavyweight title before squaring off with Brock Lesnar.

The two-division UFC champion, who knocked out Stipe Miocic to capture the heavyweight belt at UFC 226 last weekend, told Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show on Monday that he would be open to a 205-pound bout against Mauricio Rua first.

Because of his one-year USADA suspension from 2016 that froze once he left the drug-testing pool, Lesnar won’t be eligible to return to the UFC until early next year. Meanwhile, Cormier wants to get a fight in before then. “DC” said after beating Miocic he only wants big fights moving forward, and facing former…

Daniel Cormier open to 205-pound title defense vs. Shogun Rua before Brock Lesnar fight
DC said this on Ariel's show and was joking around saying "it was just to piss off Gustafsson"

Interested to see how this plays out

Last edited:

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
I wish there was a criteria for what in the actual fuck fights. I get if Lesnar gets a shot, sure, why not Shogun. Or Cody gets an instant rematch, so Stipe should get one as well, same with Aldo not getting his.

It’d be much better if it wasn’t inconsistent and transparently cherry picking. Yet, here we are.

Gus should get the shot if he wins his next fight, but DC is just playing the game, so fair fucks to him, I depressingly suppose.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
lol @ champions saying who the #1 contender is.

calling out shogun would have been admirable a FUCKING DECADE ago.

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
I wish there was a criteria for what in the actual fuck fights. I get if Lesnar gets a shot, sure, why not Shogun. Or Cody gets an instant rematch, so Stipe should get one as well, same with Aldo not getting his.

It’d be much better if it wasn’t inconsistent and transparently cherry picking. Yet, here we are.

Gus should get the shot if he wins his next fight, but DC is just playing the game, so fair fucks to him, I depressingly suppose.
You know who would get a guaranteed pop? Ultimate Warrior.

Does it matter that he's not alive? Probably not. MMA fans paid to watch two corpses fight in the co-main on Saturday, after all.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
You know who would get a guaranteed pop? Ultimate Warrior.

Does it matter that he's not alive? Probably not. MMA fans paid to watch two corpses fight in the co-main on Saturday, after all.
I watched NJPW instead of the fights Saturday night. There was a wrestler named Takahashi. Comes out with a stuffed cat, Daryl Jr, who is the son of another stuffed cat, Daryl.

That was more over and sensical than the Brock Talk.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
First heavyweight in UFC history to defend his title 3 times..? People saying his was GOAT HW until 4 days ago..?
The amount of title D's is not important if you get KOd in the first. As far as being GOAT his resume isn't near GSP so we can let that go.

So if they did do a rematch and say Stipe won would DC get the trilogy fight right away? We really want to see DC close out his career at HW fighting one guy over and over?

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
The amount of title D's is not important if you get KOd in the first. As far as being GOAT his resume isn't near GSP so we can let that go.

So if they did do a rematch and say Stipe won would DC get the trilogy fight right away? We really want to see DC close out his career at HW fighting one guy over and over?
It was for Joanna when she got an immediate rematch with Rose.

DC's future plans shouldn't have anything to do with who deserves next shot. Stipe 100% deserves it, even though we all know he's not getting it. He's a legit threat to DC vs Brock for the title, and DC isn't losing that golden ticket.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It was for Joanna when she got an immediate rematch with Rose.

DC's future plans shouldn't have anything to do with who deserves next shot. Stipe 100% deserves it, even though we all know he's not getting it. He's a legit threat to DC vs Brock for the title, and DC isn't losing that golden ticket.
JJ shouldn't have got that title shot either. Both her and the HW divisions are so thin that the climb back up for former champs is literally one fight away. By doing these rematches it clogs shit up and doesn't give other top 5s and the fans a chance. How do either of those deserve another shot after losing how they did? Because they had a good run coming into that fight? I really don't like that thought process at all. If it went to any sort of decision or had some controversy then that's different but if you get finished then you need to prove your worth again.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This looks like DC wants Shogun on his resume, then Brock, so he's got claim to beating the guys Jones did & never would/could.
And defending both belts, unlike Conor.
Don't blame him one bit.
Opponents been handpicking opponents forever.
I hope DC gets in shape though, he looked terrible.

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
JJ shouldn't have got that title shot either. Both her and the HW divisions are so thin that the climb back up for former champs is literally one fight away. By doing these rematches it clogs shit up and doesn't give other top 5s and the fans a chance. How do either of those deserve another shot after losing how they did? Because they had a good run coming into that fight? I really don't like that thought process at all. If it went to any sort of decision or had some controversy then that's different but if you get finished then you need to prove your worth again.
The more I think about it, you're 100% right. I don't feel Stipe deserves a rematch based off his performance, I feel they owe him because of some of the shitty rematches or immediate title shots they've granted previous champions in the past (Anderson Silva, Rounda Rousey, Joanna). And that doesn't make it right.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The more I think about it, you're 100% right. I don't feel Stipe deserves a rematch based off his performance, I feel they owe him because of some of the shitty rematches or immediate title shots they've granted previous champions in the past (Anderson Silva, Rounda Rousey, Joanna). And that doesn't make it right.
Gotcha. And I bet lots of other fans who want rematches base it off "well so and so got one Stipe should too".

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Shogun????

Um... love old Shogun, but ..... Where's Shogun ranked these days???