'Death Note' book found in Nashua school raises concerns

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
That place is fucking crazy. I've watched a few docus where they literally just walk through it, and there are bodies hanging from trees every so often. Like, way too often.

There are even signs warning people. Apparently junkies like to rob people's wallets/pockets when they find them hanging

Sometimes I wonder what the point of life is lol. Although the suicide rates there are a lot higher than here, but man, think of how many people with families, lives, etc.. are hanging in that forest
yeah there's a lot of unique cultural items found in Japan like:

Hikikomori - when people refuse to come out of their bedroom/ kitchen or house for like years and refuse contact with anyone else.

Japanese men refusing to leave their bedrooms create social, health and economic issues - 07/07/2015

One of the biggest social problems in Japan is that about a million people, mostly men, but also some women, have fully withdrawn from society. They've literally locked themselves in their bedrooms and won't come out. Japanese health professionals are scrambling to arrest the problem that's not only shattering families, but also threatening the country's economy. North Asia correspondent Matthew Carney reports.

For nearly three years, Yoto Onishi's world was his bedroom. He slept during the day and lived at night, trawling the internet and reading manga or comics. Yuto refused all contact with friends and family, sneaking out only in the dead of night to eat.

You also have:

Karoshi - when people literally work themselves to death. Out of honour they keep going even if they feel sick until they collapse.

The birthrate seems to be dwindling there as guys and girls dont want to hook up anymore so you have places in Japan where they have cuddle cafes. A place where you can go and someone will hug you for an hour or whatever.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2vU_N3mNwM

its a unique culture of things happening there.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I was actually gonna comment on those hugging/cuddle brothel type places. Japan is very strange in those respects. Do you think it has to do with the culture and suppression of peoples' sexual desires? Shame seems to be a big thing in Japan as well as privacy etc. not sure if I'm explaining right.

It seems people are very conservative in public there but behind closed doors they are bizarre. oppression of sexual stuff since young ages maybe? I've read some shit about how a shocking majority of Japanese teens and youth have no interest in sex or relationships at all. Like they have no interest in love itself.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
I was actually gonna comment on those hugging/cuddle brothel type places. Japan is very strange in those respects. Do you think it has to do with the culture and suppression of peoples' sexual desires? Shame seems to be a big thing in Japan as well as privacy etc. not sure if I'm explaining right.

It seems people are very conservative in public there but behind closed doors they are bizarre. oppression of sexual stuff since young ages maybe? I've read some shit about how a shocking majority of Japanese teens and youth have no interest in sex or relationships at all. Like they have no interest in love itself.
there's an interesting piece on it here:

Why have young people in Japan stopped having sex? | World news | The Guardian

-----

Marriage has become a minefield of unattractive choices. Japanese men have become less career-driven, and less solvent, as lifetime job security has waned. Japanese women have become more independent and ambitious. Yet conservative attitudes in the home and workplace persist. Japan's punishing corporate world makes it almost impossible for women to combine a career and family, while children are unaffordable unless both parents work. Cohabiting or unmarried parenthood is still unusual, dogged by bureaucratic disapproval.

Tomita says a woman's chances of promotion in Japan stop dead as soon as she marries. "The bosses assume you will get pregnant." Once a woman does have a child, she adds, the long, inflexible hours become unmanageable. "You have to resign. You end up being a housewife with no independent income. It's not an option for women like me."

Around 70% of Japanese women leave their jobs after their first child. The World Economic Forum consistently ranks Japan as one of the world's worst nations for gender equality at work. Social attitudes don't help. Married working women are sometimes demonised as oniyome, or "devil wives"

not sure whats happening here though...:eek:

Aoyama cites one man in his early 30s, a virgin, who can't get sexually aroused unless he watches female robots on a game similar to Power Rangers.

but its Japan so seems about right.