Deck of Cards Workout

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I know this is a thing but I've never tried it. Decided to do it today. Made up my own rules.

I separated each suit into it's own stack and shuffled them (so 1 stack each of hearts, spades, clubs, diamonds).

I assigned the suits to the following exercises:
Hearts - Pushups
Spades - Situps
Clubs - Burpies
Diamonds - Dips

I put the cards face down, then flipped up a card from each stack. Whatever number was on the card was the amount of reps I did. I made face cards 10 and Aces 15. So a flip of 7 of hearts, 8 of spades, 10 of clubs and the Ace of Diamonds would result in doing 7 pushups, 8 situps, 10 burpies and 15 dips. Then flip a new card from each stack for your next set. Keep going until you're out of cards.

By the time you are through the stack it adds up to 99 reps of each exercise. It took me about 45 minutes and I was SPENT by the time I got done. I paused occasionally - not enough to let my heart rate come down, but just long enough so I didn't puke all over the place. Haha.

Anybody else do something like this? I'm going to keep at it. My form was falling to shit on the burpies towards the end. I'll put a stopwatch to the workouts and keep trying to better my time for completion.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Kinda like the Karl Gotch workout that a lot of the Japanese Shooto wrestlers do. Can't remember exactly how it goes, but I know it involves lots of hindu pushups, hindu squats and some other stuff. Sounds like your workout covers pretty much the same. Good stuff. I think the randomness of the card numbers makes it unique and fun/unpredictable/brutal. Everybody's favorite guy Matt Furey was a pretty big pusher of that workout. The other exercise was the neck bridge(nose to mat). Do you use the Jokers? How bout using them for neck bridges as long as you can hold them in a good position with or without assistance (hands or elbows to mat) instead of folded on chest. It could serve kinda as a sort of anaerobic break from the aerobic stuff like burpees. Just throwing something out there off the top of my head, either way good luck.