Deiveson Figueiredo missed weight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
T

The Big Guy

Deiveson Figueiredo misses weight by 2.5lbs and is ineligible to win the flyweight title on saturday

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Great preparation, absolutely wonderful job of managing his weight.....stupendous

Last edited:
M

member 3289

Maybe this will kill the division. I cant see him getting an immediate shot again if he wins while missing weight. Only Yoel gets that treatment
Unless Benavidez makes a big mistake, I don't see him losing. Too disciplined, too well-rounded while Figueiredo is wild and reckless.

T

The Big Guy

Unless Benavidez makes a big mistake, I don't see him losing. Too disciplined, too well-rounded while Figueiredo is wild and reckless.
Sergio pettis almost kod benevidez bro. If devison hits him clean in rd 1 or 2 he will put him away. Also deivsons leg kicks could be a thing but he will probably get taken down of he uses them too often. I expect benevidez to fight smart and try to bore us to death. I dont think it goes the distance

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I hate mma media

let’s all not remember this happened to Pettis vs Holloway and Joe Riggs vs Matt Hughes

“At the weigh-ins, Pettis came in at 148 lbs, three pounds over the featherweight limit of 145 lbs. for a championship fight. As a result, in the event that Pettis were to win the fight with Holloway, he would be ineligible for the championship, while Holloway was still eligible.[18] Pettis was fined 20% of his purse, which will go Holloway and the bout proceeded as scheduled at a catchweight. Pettis was the first fighter to miss weight for a UFC championship bout since Travis Lutter at UFC 67 in February 2007.”

Last edited:
M

member 3289

Sergio pettis almost kod benevidez bro. If devison hits him clean in rd 1 or 2 he will put him away. Also deivsons leg kicks could be a thing but he will probably get taken down of he uses them too often. I expect benevidez to fight smart and try to bore us to death. I dont think it goes the distance
I know MMAMath doesn't work but they do have a common opponent that they both fought recently in Jussier Formiga.

Joe B was able to cleanly and convincingly KO Formiga in R2 while Formiga was able to decision Figueiredo simply by fighting smarter.

I agree that Benavidez is gonna try to grapple Figueiredo to death but I don't think it'll be a finish either way.

Joe B via 5R decision.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Man I really hope he wins now just for the clusterfuck it creates
Not being able to drink the tears of the internet when they gave Whittaker the nod over Romero in the 2nd fight was a tremendous disappointment for me. That would have been glorious if Romero had won after missing weight.

But this is a whole new level of clusterfuckery with a vacant belt, the previous champion still competing and the division on life support in the first place.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Is that real? Has Ian mcall won a fight in the last 4 years?
It is real.i assume he is full of shit though as no one else is talking about it.he retired 2 years ago after going winless in rizin so i doubt the ufc is interested

T

The Big Guy

It is real.i assume he is full of shit though as no one else is talking about it.he retired 2 years ago after going winless in rizin so i doubt the ufc is interested
Yea that's how I though it went. He always had blood infections and weird shit. Oh well

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Brooks was robbed vs Deviedson and handled him.. He will get finished in round 2 tko

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
best part of that finish was that JoeyB cracked his own skull on Figueiredo's forehead.
99 out of a 100 times he does that, he's the low man and benefits from leading with his head.
I remember watching the Jeff Curran fight and (IIRC) the Dom Cruz fight in WEC where he was jumping in head first, with his hands at his hips ready Wang punches.

but how glorious that Fig was sitting down on a punch at just the right moment...