Deiveson Figueiredo tests positive for COVID-19, Alexandre Pantoja on standby to face Joseph Benavidez

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

Deiveson Figueiredo may not get a chance to run things back with Joseph Benavidez.

In the main event of a UFC Fight Island card on July 18, Figueiredo is set to rematch Benavidez for the vacant flyweight title. The two fought back at UFC Norfolk in February where the Brazilian won but he also missed weight leaving the title to still be vacant.

Now, according to Brazilian outlet Combate, Figueiredo has tested positive for COVID-19, leaving the title fight in flux. According to the report, the Brazilian had the virus back in May. So, he is getting tested again on Friday to determine if it is a false positive. He was not on the charter plane to Abu Dhabi on Friday....

Continue reading:

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
So many infected Brazilians.

Great job, Bolsonario.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Actually, this is the most interesting part:

“Not true, he was positive for the virus two months ago,” Ismail said to BJPENN.com. “He can not still have the virus activity right now in the body. Something is wrong.”

So I'm interested to see how this plays out. Second test comes back tomorrow I think.

M

member 3289

Actually, this is the most interesting part:

“Not true, he was positive for the virus two months ago,” Ismail said to BJPENN.com. “He can not still have the virus activity right now in the body. Something is wrong.”

So I'm interested to see how this plays out. Second test comes back tomorrow I think.
According to World Health Organization doctor Maria Van Kerkhove, a patient infected with COVID-19 could still show symptoms even after recovering from the illness months later. Those traces found in a person’s lungs are all part of the healing process, Kerkhove says.

I remember Ian Heinisch almost being pulled from his fight with Gerald Meerschaert after one of Heinisch's cornermen tested positive. But then the guy was negative after being retested. Like Figueiredo he claimed to have previously had and recovered from COVID-19.