General Democratic 2020 Election Watch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
Hillary Clinton backs out of DC event also set to include Tulsi Gabbard, Kirstjen Nielsen: report

Hillary Clinton has backed out of a Friday appearance at an event also scheduled to include Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard, among other guests, according to a report.

Word of Clinton's removal from the bill of Fortune magazine’s Most Powerful Women Summit came Thursday, the same day the former secretary of state sparked a clash by accusing Gabbard of being groomed by Russia to run as a third-party candidate for president in 2020.

The Hawaii congresswoman and combat veteran fired back in a scathing series of tweets later Thursday, challenging Clinton not to “hide behind your proxies” and join the presidential race "directly."

Slate.com reported that Clinton removed herself from the three-day summit due to a scheduling conflict. An unnamed source told the publication that Clinton decided not to participate in an act of protest against former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, who was also scheduled to speak.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015

Tulsi Gabbard and America’s domestic and foreign wars: John Stossel – Orange County Register
At least she’s willing to debate with me. No one else polling over 1% has been willing so far.

“Our leaders are increasingly unwilling to sit down with those who may be ‘on the other team,’” she explains. “Look, I love my country. You love our country. Let’s come together as Americans with appreciation for our constitution, our freedoms, civil liberties and rights, and have this civil discourse and dialogue about how we can move forward together.”