General Democratic 2020 Election Watch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
yeah canada has public ownership of major utlilities and its isnt so shit hot . BC hydro loses money hand over fist .we have a crown corporation running car insurance in this province and it loses 1 billion + per year despite having a total monopoly . most of it is to do with being a massively bloated and inefficient bureaucracy and the ability to just raise the rates or dip in to tax dollars if they come up short . we also have a private power and gas company in BC that makes 6 billion dollars profit per year

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
yeah canada has public ownership of major utlilities and its isnt so shit hot . BC hydro loses money hand over fist .we have a crown corporation running car insurance in this province and it loses 1 billion + per year despite having a total monopoly . most of it is to do with being a massively bloated and inefficient bureaucracy and the ability to just raise the rates or dip in to tax dollars if they come up short . we also have a private power and gas company in BC that makes 6 billion dollars profit per year

I can imagine public utilities fine, But I've never understood public car insurance.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I can imagine public utilities fine, But I've never understood public car insurance.
i am assuming other places are able to have public utilities that turn a profit and bc govt is just a mix of corrupt and inept no matter who is in power. the car insurance make zero sense but they spend millions on advertising campaigns to convince people that it would be more expensive to privatize and allow competition (like we all dont get washington state commercials on our cable package showing us cheap auto insurance deals that are half what we pay) . the auto insurance company is also tied in with the RCMP . they basically fund crackdowns on seatbelts or distracted driving then the tickets are payable to ICBC making the RCMP the collector for the insurance company.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
i am assuming other places are able to have public utilities that turn a profit and bc govt is just a mix of corrupt and inept no matter who is in power. the car insurance make zero sense but they spend millions on advertising campaigns to convince people that it would be more expensive to privatize and allow competition (like we all dont get washington state commercials on our cable package showing us cheap auto insurance deals that are half what we pay) . the auto insurance company is also tied in with the RCMP . they basically fund crackdowns on seatbelts or distracted driving then the tickets are payable to ICBC making the RCMP the collector for the insurance company.
Ontario Hydro made so many bad business deals that our rates have gone way up to cover them.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Ms. Pumpkin Head for President: A Nightmare

A few weeks ago I had a terrifying nightmare, so gruesome was it that I awoke screaming. In this dark horror show, I was carving a pumpkin for Halloween. The cap came off easily and I disemboweled the slimy interior quickly, but as I did, I felt a strange sensation on my hand, as if a tongue were biting it.

When I was finishing carving the face, however, the trouble really started. The pumpkin head came alive as the eyes and mouth moved and then it started speaking in a voice that was familiar but one I couldn’t place. Blond hair started sprouting from its head as it started shrieking and bouncing on the table in an hysterical manner. I jumped back in fear and trembling as it started cackling, “I running, I running.” Blood ran from between the carved teeth and the blue eyes pulsated with the mania of a serial killer in a horror movie.

I awoke with a scream when I realized it was Hillary Clinton.

Ms. Pumpkin Head for President: A Nightmare - Global Research