General Dems cuck on 15$ min wage

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018

Fuck these neoliberals and Bernie for enabling them

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

Fuck these neoliberals and Bernie for enabling them
Does it really strike you as terribly unreasonable to wait until the global pandemic is finished to raise the minimum wage by such a large amount?

RussfromNH

Live Free or Die
Dec 12, 2018
"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said if it doesn't make it in this bill, Democrats will include it in other legislation."

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I'd like to take a second and acknowledge my favorite part of this article:

The Senate also approved amendments to keep America's Israeli embassy in Jerusalem, prevent undocumented immigrants from getting direct stimulus checks

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said if it doesn't make it in this bill, Democrats will include it in other legislation."
Yeah, I think this is some fake outrage going on about not getting his $15/hr soon enough.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
by the time they get a 15 min wage they will need a 20 . we have a 15 min wage here in BC.it costs money to live here . they say BC stands for bring cash. rent is high .fuel is high .food is high . 15 doesnt really cut it here. if you lived in fuckin ponoka alberta or tumbleweed saskatchewan you could pay your mortgage on 15 bucks an hour . to make a blanket nationwide minimim wage is a weird idea because it covers such a wide economic gap from the expensive areas( vancouver,toronto) where you need 30 bucks an hour to get by and the cheep areas where 15 bucks is a liveable wage .it would make more sense if it was done on the province/state level .

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
A nationwide $15 min wage is dumb as shit.

A giant chain reaction of unintended consequences that - quite literally - accomplishes nothing.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
How would undocumented immigrants get a check to begin with? They are undocumented - which by definition means the gov't doesn't know about them.

Politicians are dumber than 3 days of rain.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
for all the pissing and moaning that went on when they moved the embassy and all the crying that went on when trump didnt pay illegals the first time and when the ball is in the dems court they choose to do nothing. joe wasnt kidding when he said there wouldnt be any fundamental changes . so far joe has cut out the illlegals from a releif check, sent troops in to syria,scrapped a 15 dollar min wage ,killed a pipeline but hey trump made mean tweets

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
@ $15 an hr be ready for kiosks everywhere you can purchase anything
we got kiosks and automated tellers everywhere when min wage hit 14.60. the price of everything went up as well. any boost in wage gets met by reduced hours in the big retailers so the payroll stays the same

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
we got kiosks and automated tellers everywhere when min wage hit 14.60. the price of everything went up as well. any boost in wage gets met by reduced hours in the big retailers so the payroll stays the same
Same on Ontario. This is of course when morons go "But unemployment didnt go up!" Apparently having not even the slightest understanding of what an unemployment rate indicates.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
How would undocumented immigrants get a check to begin with? They are undocumented - which by definition means the gov't doesn't know about them.

Politicians are dumber than 3 days of rain.
In sanctuary cities illegals can't be deported.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
In sanctuary cities illegals can't be deported.
But if they are "undocumented" I'm assuming that means they are "undocumented".

Like even if the gov wanted to give them money they wouldn't know who to send it to.

Those guys prob don't need the money anyway because that's who is taking all the available jobs. They are earning their money.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yeah. It's been 5 years since they started talking about the magical $15/hr - with cost of living shouldn't it be closer to $17 at this point?
Fuck it. Let's pay everyone a million dollars an hour.then.everyone can be rich

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So many pussies want to legislate their way to a higher wage instead of learning skills that pay a higher wage.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
by the time they get a 15 min wage they will need a 20 . we have a 15 min wage here in BC.it costs money to live here . they say BC stands for bring cash. rent is high .fuel is high .food is high . 15 doesnt really cut it here. if you lived in fuckin ponoka alberta or tumbleweed saskatchewan you could pay your mortgage on 15 bucks an hour . to make a blanket nationwide minimim wage is a weird idea because it covers such a wide economic gap from the expensive areas( vancouver,toronto) where you need 30 bucks an hour to get by and the cheep areas where 15 bucks is a liveable wage .it would make more sense if it was done on the province/state level .
Sounds like Canada needs more price controls on housing and goods.