General Dems cuck on 15$ min wage

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If it reduces gov't subsidies I'm all for it.
I don't believe it will.

If you raise their income they fall off the qualification list pretty quick.
In texas 15/he will remove medicaid, section 8, and food stamps for one person.
Two income min wage? It would remove it for two parents and their 2 kids.

You'd be only left with single parents or those with many kids qualifying.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
If you raise their income they fall off the qualification list pretty quick.
In texas 15/he will remove medicaid, section 8, and food stamps for one person.
Two income min wage? It would remove it for two parents and their 2 kids.

You'd be only left with single parents or those with many kids qualifying.
We'll see if that plays out.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
We'll see if that plays out.

Can't be worse than current.

We guarantee 7/hr + medicaid + section 8 + food stamps.

You and I are already paying for mcdonald's labor every April. It's just hidden and progressively moved up to the highest taxpayers. I'm subsidizing McDonalds labor pool. Mcdonald's consumers should be doing that.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

You and I are already paying for mcdonald's labor every April. It's just hidden and progressively moved up to the highest taxpayers. I'm subsidizing McDonalds labor pool. Mcdonald's consumers should be doing that.
Don't forget Walmart.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

I'd agree with that.
I don't even eat at McDonald's. Fuck McDonald's.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Do I want to know why you hate them?
It’s nothing crazy. I don’t like their groceries, I don’t like how busy they always are, and I really fucking hate their app. I’d rather just shop at Target, the actual grocery store, or the farm stand.
Also, I got picked on growing up for having Walmart clothes and shoes, and shopping there, so that probably doesn’t help.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It’s nothing crazy. I don’t like their groceries, I don’t like how busy they always are, and I really fucking hate their app. I’d rather just shop at Target, the actual grocery store, or the farm stand.
I usually shop at Walmart for groceries because the next closest grocery store is ironically the one with all the problems you describe. I'm jealous that you have Target.

Also, I got picked on growing up for having Walmart clothes and shoes, and shopping there, so that probably doesn’t help.
That's bullshit.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
I usually shop at Walmart for groceries because the next closest grocery store is ironically the one with all the problems you describe. I'm jealous that you have Target.

That's bullshit.
Publix (our grocery store) is on like every other corner and most of the stuff I use I can get on sale there. Some of the produce is hit or miss sometimes so I try to go to the farm stand or this other store called Fresh Market for that stuff. I do Target and Costco delivery, too.
I would hate if Walmart was my only option.

My sister in Connecticut has Stew Leonard’s. I don’t know why, but I really love that grocery store the most.

It definitely is bullshit, but it’s the way of the road.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I actually didn't mind Aunt Jemima being canceled for this very reason. 24 oz ounces? gtfo out of here. What is this pancakes for ants????
Did you just call Aunt Jemima maple syrup on a board full of Canadians? How dare you sir.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I support an increase minimum wage.

15 is a bit arbitrary but not totally off by historical measures. In many states this would do a good job of appropriately front loading labor costs.

Every argument against it simply supports the artificial subsidizing of human capital (mostly for large businesses to take advantage) that I pay for on my taxes.

Feel the cost of your own burgers and stop making me pay it on my taxes. Let alone the human cost of trapping people in a poorly designed benefits system.
Worst post I've ever read

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I support an increase minimum wage.

15 is a bit arbitrary but not totally off by historical measures. In many states this would do a good job of appropriately front loading labor costs.

Every argument against it simply supports the artificial subsidizing of human capital (mostly for large businesses to take advantage) that I pay for on my taxes.

Feel the cost of your own burgers and stop making me pay it on my taxes. Let alone the human cost of trapping people in a poorly designed benefits system.
in n out and 5 guys sort of implemented this minimum wage successfully but 5 guys is like 17 bucks a combo. I guess in n out did it without charging the consumer.