Dennis Siver 'definitely' wants rematch against Conor McGregor, blames eye problems for TKO loss

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

"It is particularly hard to forget him," he told German outlet GNP1.de at a UFC media event in Berlin yesterday. "The fight is over and done for me, it's been a few months since, I can live with it. But this guy is just everywhere, he can't be overlooked. And I guess we will hear even more from him in the future."

"I would definitely do a rematch, because the first fight didn't go too well for me. I don't want to make excuses, but during the first round he hit me under my left eye with one of his knuckles or something, and a little muscle kind of got stuck. The result was, I had double-vision, which means that I was basically dealing with two McGregors from that point on, what a horror," Siver laughed.

"I got hit above the same eye then, and the eye was starting to swell shut. So from fighting with double-vision I went to fighting with one eye," says Siver. "It went all downhill from there. Fighting one-eyed against such a strong and quick opponent just doesn't make any sense. I kind of gave up in that second round. Would it have been a three-round fight, I might have continued and taken a beating for the last round, too. But it was a five rounder, and I wanted to save my health for other fights in the future."
"If my eye hadn't swollen shut, it could have been a completely different fight

Dennis Siver 'definitely' wants rematch against Conor McGregor, blames eye problems for TKO loss - Bloody Elbow

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Siver totally fits the bill of a past his prime fighter who thinks he still has a climb to the ladder left, and will probably take a few more finish losses before being cut, fighting in smaller shows, and you know this story....

Apr 24, 2015
He basically had a punchers chance,but Siver got shit for support,he wasnt treated like the other part of the main event.He should of been given more respect.But physically he was outmatched,and other than Sivers kicks,Sivers toolbox is pretty bland compared to Connor.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
He basically had a punchers chance,but Siver got shit for support,he wasnt treated like the other part of the main event.He should of been given more respect.But physically he was outmatched,and other than Sivers kicks,Sivers toolbox is pretty bland compared to Connor.
Welcome to our exclusive club Frank! Pleasure to have you sir.

Nodig

Jan 24, 2015
He had eye problems the same way Bisping had consciousness problems against Hendo.
You leave The Count Spitsping out of this, we all know if it was not for that lucky punch Mike would of won that fight.

The same Mike went on to destroy Rockhold for his Strikeforce belt a few years later :)

Last edited:

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It is an excuse and it was something that happened by design, punching guys in the eye is effective if they hit it and not illegal like poking and often just a perfect storm of random. Would you rather your orbital broke?

The "He hit me in the eye so it made me suck" argument is no different to me than "He broke my rib/nose and I couldn't breathe right and gassed"

Tough shit duck next time.

Last edited:

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Everybody Conor beats wants a rematch with him. That's human nature when you get beat up by a loud mouth.