IMG/GIF Deontay Wilder - NO EXCUSES

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
As much as people are hanging shit on Wilder, it seems to have made people forget that they've fought twice and that Fury has basically beaten the fuck out of him twice. Everyone is now transfixed on the 2nd fight.

Why anyone is interested in a 3rd fight is beyond me. Might as well do it 1000 times then. Wilder always has the chance to catch him, but will otherwise get beaten badly by the far superior boxer. No matter the outcome of the 3rd fight, that will never change. It's literally a pointless fight.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
As much as people are hanging shit on Wilder, it seems to have made people forget that they've fought twice and that Fury has basically beaten the fuck out of him twice. Everyone is now transfixed on the 2nd fight.

Why anyone is interested in a 3rd fight is beyond me. Might as well do it 1000 times then. Wilder always has the chance to catch him, but will otherwise get beaten badly by the far superior boxer. No matter the outcome of the 3rd fight, that will never change. It's literally a pointless fight.
No
Wilder almost ended Fury first fight
This is not beating the fuck out of someone...this is almost losing via KO and getting knocked down twice

Tyson did win 80% of the rounds, Fury is the better fighter right now...but lets not rewrite history because the second bout was one sided.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
No
Wilder almost ended Fury first fight
This is not beating the fuck out of someone...this is almost losing via KO and getting knocked down twice

Tyson did win 80% of the rounds, Fury is the better fighter right now...but lets not rewrite history because the second bout was one sided.
I said Wilder 'is always capable of catching Fury', and by that I was obviously referring to the knockdowns in the first fight. But other than those two knockdowns, the two fights have proven without a shadow of a doubt that Wilder is the inferior boxer overall.

So what is there left to prove in the 3rd fight? If Wilder KOs Fury, it doesn't change what we already know. Run it back 1000 times and Fury will always be the better boxer and Wilder will catch him sometimes. Wilder is 34. He's not going to magically improve his bad fundamental skills by July.

You're just running the fight back to see if Wilder can catch him, not to establish who the superior fighter is. And that's a shit reason to do a 3rd fight.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I said Wilder 'is always capable of catching Fury', and by that I was obviously referring to the knockdowns in the first fight. But other than those two knockdowns, the two fights have proven without a shadow of a doubt that Wilder is the inferior boxer overall.

So what is there left to prove in the 3rd fight? If Wilder KOs Fury, it doesn't change what we already know. Run it back 1000 times and Fury will always be the better boxer and Wilder will catch him sometimes. Wilder is 34. He's not going to magically improve his bad fundamental skills by July.

You're just running the fight back to see if Wilder can catch him, not to establish who the superior fighter is. And that's a shit reason to do a 3rd fight.
Contracted Rematch

Wilder has the potential for a win

That is the reason/reasons

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018

The only people interested are those that are going to make money out of this and of course those Wilder fans who want so see him land that right hand.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Contracted Rematch

Wilder has the potential for a win

That is the reason/reasons
Oh wow, really? What a coincidence. Here I am complaining about a rematch for no apparent reason, and it turns out there's actually going to be a rematch.

And I never would have guessed that Wilder has the potential to win, aside from the fact that I already said that. By this amazing logic we should do 50 rematches. Or 100. Anyone can win. I'm sold.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
The only people interested are those that are going to make money out of this and of course those Wilder fans who want so see him land that right hand.
The worst part is that if Wilder does, we're getting part 4.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Or Wilder going into hiding with the WBC belt again. We actually have a chance of seeing an undisputed champ now that Fury and Joshua are holding the belts
Boxing loves rematches even more than the Fritatas. 10 of Pacman's fights are against 3 guys. Corrupt decisions aren't just for gambling, they are to create rematches.

If Wilder wins, they'll pull out the money wheelbarrow and convince him to fight the 4th. It's why doing the 3rd fight is such a shitstain of a fight. Fucks us out of the fight we actually want, and could do so permanently.

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
Boxing loves rematches even more than the Fritatas. 10 of Pacman's fights are against 3 guys. Corrupt decisions aren't just for gambling, they are to create rematches.

If Wilder wins, they'll pull out the money wheelbarrow and convince him to fight the 4th. It's why doing the 3rd fight is such a shitstain of a fight. Fucks us out of the fight we actually want, and could do so permanently.
He had three rematches with Marquez which was crazy considering the first was a draw and Pacquiao won the next two

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
He had three rematches with Marquez which was crazy considering the first was a draw and Pacquiao won the next two
Rematches piss me off more than most - MMA in particular. Fighters only fight once or twice a year and it's such a waste of precious time unless really necessary.

At least Pac has been active and had longeivty, but a guy like Cain Velasquez, it just feels like his entire career was tainted because he spent his injury-limited time fighting the same two dudes over 4 fucking years.