Society Derek Chauvin Trial - Live Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It’s why I hate when Canadians get all condescending and superior about MAGA, and how messed up things are in the states. It’s here too, it just hasn’t been mobilized in the same way yet. My in-laws would easily be MACA if it was properly marketed to them, and they watched enough YouTube.
@The Pendulum do you have any recommendations for some white power and anti Semitic youtube channels? Sex Chicken @MyWifeYellsJAKEPAULinBed's "brother in law" could really use the suggestions.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
It’s why I hate when Canadians get all condescending and superior about MAGA, and how messed up things are in the states. It’s here too, it just hasn’t been mobilized in the same way yet. My in-laws would easily be MACA if it was properly marketed to them, and they watched enough YouTube.
Trump's approval rating was basically the same in Canada and Australia (almost 1/4). But when you consider that we are the land of Murdoch, who has a far bigger stranglehold on our media than yours, and are a more inherently racist society, it's not good to be on our level.

You don't live next to a flaming pile of shit without getting some on you.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Trump's approval rating was basically the same in Canada and Australia (almost 1/4). But when you consider that we are the land of Murdoch, who has a far bigger stranglehold on our media than yours, and are a more inherently racist society, it's not good to be on our level.

You don't live next to a flaming pile of shit without getting some on you.
Remember 90% of Canada’s population lives within 150 miles of the US border. We are fully exposed to American news and media. The bulk of the media canadian’s consume is American. I grew up watching the news from Buffalo, New York. Fox News has it’s influence here, especially for those who are attracted to that world view and decide to go down the rabbit hole.

My dad is an old man, who never really followed the news, but everytime I visit him he always has Fox News on the tv. I thought he was going to be pro Trump but for some reason, it was a bridge too far.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Remember 90% of Canada’s population lives within 150 miles of the US border. We are fully exposed to American news and media. The bulk of the media canadian’s consume is American. I grew up watching the news from Buffalo, New York. Fox News has it’s influence here, especially for those who are attracted to that world view and decide to go down the rabbit hole.

My dad is an old man, who never really followed the news, but everytime I visit him he always has Fox News on the tv. I thought he was going to be pro Trump but for some reason, it was a bridge too far.
Sky News Australia actually got very big on youtube in the US after the election. Murdoch mobilized his Australian lunatics to go full NewsMax on the coverage, because there was less hesitation than at Fox News because it wasn't their country they were trying to burn down.

The media is even worse here than the US or Canada because of Murdoch's near monopoly, and most of what he doesn't own is owned by a couple of other billionaire oligarchs. So what Canada gets more exposed to through American osmosis, our population gets more exposed to from homegrown sources.

But the flipside is that 3/4 Australians still knew Trump was a fucking idiot. Murdoch allowed his goons in more 'normal' outlets not to have to fall in line with Dear Leader, so there was only a couple of full-blown dedicated Trump propaganda channels. You could still find lots of prominent conservatives who would go 'this guy is a complete dipshit', which you don't get in the US.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
What point does he think he’s making?
The point of the justice system is that it serves justice and whatever conclusion it comes to is the correct one. The point isn't that it gives you the outcome you wanted.

M

member 1013

It was an accurate statement. People just like antisemitism more than they do reading so he makes people big mad.
It was purposely crafted to be obtuse and get him trending. It makes him look like an idiot, and so does his stupid face. The man was at a minimum, guilty of manslaughter. So if he was not convicted it would have been the wrong call and clearly Don Lemon would not rejoice about that.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
It was purposely crafted to be obtuse and get him trending. It makes him look like an idiot, and so does his stupid face. The man was at a minimum, guilty of manslaughter. So if he was not convicted it would have been the wrong call and clearly Don Lemon would not rejoice about that.
Don Lemon also would not have rejoiced and said "Justice has been served" if it was manslaughter. Also stop being such and anti semite.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Sky News Australia actually got very big on youtube in the US after the election. Murdoch mobilized his Australian lunatics to go full NewsMax on the coverage, because there was less hesitation than at Fox News because it wasn't their country they were trying to burn down.

The media is even worse here than the US or Canada because of Murdoch's near monopoly, and most of what he doesn't own is owned by a couple of other billionaire oligarchs. So what Canada gets more exposed to through American osmosis, our population gets more exposed to from homegrown sources.

But the flipside is that 3/4 Australians still knew Trump was a fucking idiot. Murdoch allowed his goons in more 'normal' outlets not to have to fall in line with Dear Leader, so there was only a couple of full-blown dedicated Trump propaganda channels. You could still find lots of prominent conservatives who would go 'this guy is a complete dipshit', which you don't get in the US.
I really think you're underselling the CBC.