Dern staying at strawweight despite weight cut issues

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
she aint giving up the size and strength adv fighting at sw gives her, it also helps her durability vs better strikers which there are many of and it enhances her striking making up for her lack of offensive depth
I agree with the size thing the wrestlers and strikers at 125 and 135 lbs could womanhandle her someone like a shevchenko or nunes.

at 115 thug rose or suarez might be able to outmuscle her and beat her striking.

M

member 3289

How that behemoth of a woman gets even close to 116 pounds defies science

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
She has a pattern of coming in heavy and then putting the pressure on the other girl
to accept the fight at a disadvantage

In my opinion at minimum if she misses weight again but wins
the fight it should be ruled a no contest

She has 3 wins in a division she never actually made weight to fight in

Thats bullshit
Nah, any fight where one fighter cannot record a win even if they beat their opponent should not be allowed to take place in the first place, anymore than someone who tested positive for steroids should be allowed to fight if the tests came back ahead of time.

If she misses weight again by any amount, she should be a Flyweight in the following bout, and it should be up to her opponent to take the fight or not if it's a small miss (I believe that's already the case tho). And if she comes in again closer to Flyweight than Strawweight, the fight should be scratched immediately and her entire purse forfeited.

Last edited:

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
“I go fighch ach strawweich I no havi problem wich maky chi weich only problem eez speaky in my nachive azzench”

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
she aint giving up the size and strength adv fighting at sw gives her, it also helps her durability vs better strikers which there are many of and it enhances her striking making up for her lack of offensive depth
Came to post this.. her losing 10% is worth it to her to have that advantage.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
She better not miss weight anymore or she’s going to catch a ton of heat.
Because three times isn't enough to constitute catching heat? Its absolutely unprofessional on her part, and the ufc to continue to try/let her fight at straw weight. I know I won't get flack for this here, but if she wasn't hot, they would have cut her, or at least made her move up to fly weight.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
If a fighter is contracted to make weight for a fight, I can't see any good reason why the UFC can't refuse to pay them for that fight. Deal's a deal.

Nov 21, 2015
They should have a 3 strikes and you're out rule- miss weight 3 times and contractually, you have to go up in weight.
Any girl/team that fights her needs to put a clause in the contract
that says if Dern misses weight then she immediately forfeits her purse
and forfeits the match

Period

Smores is 5' 3" tall. She's not even tall for the division

Rose is 2" taller then Smores and makes weight just fine