Derrick Lewis: UFC welfare baby pet Slugger (how to make sure your slugger wins)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
T

The Big Guy

Got anything to say about Lewis's ufc welfare?
I agree with you that the ufc has pushed entertainment over sport. I would prefer no standups and to push it further you restart in the same position the last round ended. If that's bottom mount so be it.

It's also funny people think its racist to mention a black guy and welfare together. If they immediately connect the two in their minds then they are the racists or just looking to be triggered.

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
I agree with you that the ufc has pushed entertainment over sport. I would prefer no standups and to push it further you restart in the same position the last round ended. If that's bottom mount so be it.

It's also funny people think its racist to mention a black guy and welfare together. If they immediately connect the two in their minds then they are the racists or just looking to be triggered.
Yeah there's nothing more entertaining than being accused of racism by people using an inherently racist View

I did expect as much however

So funny!

I always thought the UFC was stupid for not warning the guy in the inferior position to improve rather than barking at the athlete that just WON THE GRAPPLING EXCHANGE!!

I would simply warn the athlete thats losing to improve or i would stand up the contest and penalize the loser a point or something like that

As it stands all you have to do is pull guard and hold on like a newborn monkey and the ref will stand you up giving you a magic Escape

This completely destroys the legitimacy of the contest but it gives your Reckless sluggers a welfare (get out of grappling) check

I have to give Derek credit, every now and then he actually tries to escape from an inferior position but usually not because of course he doesn't have to because Derek's on welfare

Hes a reckless slugger on UFC standup welfare

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Yeah there's nothing more entertaining than being accused of racism by people using an inherently racist View

So funny!

I always thought the UFC was stupid for not warning the guy in the inferior position to improve rather than barking at the athlete that just WON THE GRAPPLING EXCHANGE!!

I would simply warn the athlete thats losing to improve or i would stand up the contest and penalize the loser a point or something like that

As it stands all you have to do is pull guard and hold on like a newborn monkey and the ref will stand you up giving you a magic Escape

This completely destroys the legitimacy of the contest but it gives your Reckless sluggers a welfare (get out of grappling) check

I have to give Derek credit, every now and then he actually tries to escape from an inferior position but usually not because of course he doesn't have to because Derek's on welfare

They do it in the name of "entertainment", same as them giving a ko of the night bonus but no bonus for takedown/wrestling of the night.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Too bad mirko couldnt have got some of this welfare from the ufc

T

The Big Guy

So funny!

When DC choked him he didnt even try to defend by getting wrist control. He just waited until it was socially acceptable to tap. Same with Anthony Johnson.

Seems like they train to get welfare standups instead of learning proper defense.

Good term. I will use it recklessly

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
They do it in the name of "entertainment", same as them giving a ko of the night bonus but no bonus for takedown/wrestling of the night.
Don't want to let that Troublesome Sports thing get in the way of your entertainment

Derek is the first heavyweight to really Master the technique of doing absolutely nothing on the ground

Good post flamen' Cajun

your meds must have kicked in or something

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
When DC choked him he didnt even try to defend by getting wrist control. He just waited until it was socially acceptable to tap. Same with Anthony Johnson.

Seems like they train to get welfare standups instead of learning proper defense.

Good term. I will use it recklessly
Yeah sometimes the less than zero ground game situation doesn't pay off

you have to learn to stall properly and lewis is certainally getting good at that

I've got no desire to go back to the royce Gracie vs Ken Shamrock hugfests of yore

all you have to do is score against the person who fails to improve their position and stand them up for the crowd

A stand up that saves one athlete yet penalizes another must reflect some kind of scoring criteria

who would you expect to improve their position?

the person that's winning the fight or the person that's losing the positional exchange?

As it stands today we penalize the athletes thats winning the fight while we bestow the gift of freedom to the athlete that's getting dominated just to please the crowed

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
Re-watching this fight it looks fake as hell

At 1 minute 23 seconds oleinik secures a perfect kesa gatame yet for some strange reason doesn't put Derek's arm over his face and squeeze with any kind of force at the back of his tricep with a standard schoolyard arm over choke

It's clear that this hold was purely theatrical and had no intention of finishing the fight

Derrick Lewis was strangely calm in the scenario and didn't even try to hammer fist his way out which is MMA 101

Either both these two athletes are so poor at the sport that they don't know the most basic holds and counters or they are in there putting on a theatrical presentation

I noticed that Derrick Lewis also landed dozens of illegal blows to the back of the oleiniks head

This was a very odd looking fight

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Re-watching this fight it looks fake as hell

At 1 minute 23 seconds oleinik secures a perfect kesa gatame yet for some strange reason doesn't put Derek's arm over his face and squeeze with any kind of force at the back of his tricep with a standard schoolyard arm over choke

It's clear that this hold was purely theatrical and had no intention of finishing the fight

Derrick Lewis was strangely calm in the scenario and didn't even try to hammer fist his way out which is MMA 101

Either both these two athletes are so poor at the sport that they don't know the most basic holds and counters or they are in there putting on a theatrical presentation

I noticed that Derrick Lewis also landed dozens of illegal blows to the back of the oleiniks head

This was a very odd looking fight
Are you teasing these fighters?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
are ther any welfare crack babies to be aware of on tonights card?

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
Lazy and garbage.. but the HW division is more garbage. The puncher's chance, he's the king of it.
Derrick Lewis is the prototype for future MMA heavyweights

can't grapple at all and swings recklessly for the concussive knock out

it's a clear attempt to dumb down the action to appeal to the largest monetary opportunity