Details on how much UFC & WWE pay to fighters/wrestlers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
how much of that 4% increase was conors purse from the floyd fight?

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I wonder how the roster numbers factor in? Doesn't the UFC have a way bigger roster meaning they would be paying more?

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I wonder how the roster numbers factor in? Doesn't the UFC have a way bigger roster meaning they would be paying more?
Everything factors in
I only brought the WWE in because the site I add content for does both & I get asked elsewhere about WWE & told how they treat their roster better as far as pay (even though they are on road close to 300 days a year)

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
The roster has been in the 550 range for a few years now. It actually scaled down a bit right after the UFC was sold and then has gradually increased since.

Last edited:

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Any idea on how many contracted fighters were on the roster at the beginning of 2016 in comparison to the end of 2016?
Edit: already answered my bad
Pretty crazy the trimmed the roster and paid out more
No exact figures
It changes constantly

-
I will put what I put on SD here ...

Guys, as I usually do ...
I reported on a figure that UFC filed
I get it, but I cannot give info that is not released & most likely will never be.

UFC files for creditors and they have investor documents that get reported on

as @Myrddin Wild & some others know, I do get tipped off in advance, but need to wait until others report (I did say WWE was 5-8% though)

If I had more detailed info, I think you know you would get it

UFC paid 17% in 2016 as I posted today (info from John Nash)
UFC paid 13% in 2015 (info from Dave Meltzer)
I speak to both & the info they report is direct from the above (files/documents)
If those don't break it down further --- I can't help you lol

UFC pays at least 8% less (1/3) than what I have stated DOZENS of times is a reasonable % as far as a growing sport
Any nitwit that thinks the fact I gave a fact that it went to 17% means I think UFC are paying fighters well, has an agenda & a lack of comprehension

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
No exact figures
It changes constantly

-
I will put what I put on SD here ...

Guys, as I usually do ...
I reported on a figure that UFC filed
I get it, but I cannot give info that is not released & most likely will never be.

UFC files for creditors and they have investor documents that get reported on

as @Myrddin Wild & some others know, I do get tipped off in advance, but need to wait until others report (I did say WWE was 5-8% though)

If I had more detailed info, I think you know you would get it

UFC paid 17% in 2016 as I posted today (info from John Nash)
UFC paid 13% in 2015 (info from Dave Meltzer)
I speak to both & the info they report is direct from the above (files/documents)
If those don't break it down further --- I can't help you lol

UFC pays at least 8% less (1/3) than what I have stated DOZENS of times is a reasonable % as far as a growing sport
Any nitwit that thinks the fact I gave a fact that it went to 17% means I think UFC are paying fighters well, has an agenda & a lack of comprehension
It makes sense and further shows WME are all about the numbers and extremely smart business men

It tells me they are dropping cost wherever they can and in negotiations they pretty much do not care who you are and what your name is, they look at the cost to keep you and if letting you go will make their numbers look better, see ya

MyrddinWild

Feb 15, 2018
Frankie & I have discussed this before... and I'm all for fighters getting more money... but I do think it skews the numbers when we pull a percentage from UFC's Gross. They're building a lot of infrastructure with the Corporate office... & the UFC gyms, the USADA program that was only in it's first real year in 2016 etc... so it's not like they're taking the Gross & sticking 83% into their pockets. They're building the organization. They're making the company stronger so that all these fighterz can keep getting paid.

I'd be more interested in comparing "what the UFC distributed as profit to their investors over a year's time" vs. how much they pay their fighters. The story changes a bit then.

2016 for example was 200 mill profit... then add the fighter pay to that which will represent how much they make before paying the fighters:
200 + 120 = $320 mill.

So out of $320 mill... they paid their fighters $120 mill. or 37.5%. It still ain't 50%... but it's a lot better looking than 17%... just saying.

Of course that could be manipulated by the UFC just making more expenses for themselvez... & passing money under the table & stuff... but I'm just saying that the 17% of gross doesn't tell the whole story, especially when comparing it to other sports whos infrastructure is all ready established.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
but I'm just saying that the 17% of gross doesn't tell the whole story, especially when comparing it to other sports whos infrastructure is all ready established.
Of course not, but it gives people an idea & a number to go off (or on about).