Sports DFS Thoughts & Opinions - and other Gambling tips

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
I've been trying to work at putting 150 lineups in with my model & so I had a test run with it by max entering a lot of tourneys 4$ & under last night after settling on a core & setting roster percentages I wanted for each player. Some of these tourneys had some great payouts at the top & the good news is I finally took down my first tourney with 10k plus people. Bad news was the winning lineup was one of the last ten lineups that I generated & just threw them in a quarter tourney & that's the one I took down. Nailed the core so I had several top 20 finishes in most of the tourneys & a great night, but I wish the tourney I won had a higher payout than the cost of the entries I'd used

Last edited:

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
The day after Christmas I put in a lineup after looking at shit for about 10 minutes.
I finished 118th out of 120. Hahaaa.

I was less than 50 points from the money, but it was pretty funny to actually almost finish dead fucking last.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
The day after Christmas I put in a lineup after looking at shit for about 10 minutes.
I finished 118th out of 120. Hahaaa.

I was less than 50 points from the money, but it was pretty funny to actually almost finish dead fucking last.
I can't tell you how proud this made me, I'd finished top ten a few times, but this was something

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Yeah. I didn't score that many points.
it's been seen the heyday or draftstreet since I won a tourney that size, this one was for 150 big ones which wouldn't have covered my entry fees for the other 140 entries I put in bigger stuff, but it was rewarding

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
it's been seen the heyday or draftstreet since I won a tourney that size, this one was for 150 big ones which wouldn't have covered my entry fees for the other 140 entries I put in bigger stuff, but it was rewarding
Hey! I played Lance Stephenson the other day too.
He did OK.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Hey! I played Lance Stephenson the other day too.
He did OK.
Oladipo was ruled out yesterday, Starting Lance is hilarious & fun to roster. He's just dumb enough to not know how bad he is in the starting lineup, he'll blow in LeBron's ear & dance after he makes a 3 even if he's 1 for 10. For whatever reason, he's much more reserved & shy to shoot on a bench role even with big minutes. Don't know how to explain or quantify it, but it's a sight to behold

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Oladipo was ruled out yesterday, Starting Lance is hilarious & fun to roster. He's just dumb enough to not know how bad he is in the starting lineup, he'll blow in LeBron's ear & dance after he makes a 3 even if he's 1 for 10. For whatever reason, he's much more reserved & shy to shoot on a bench role even with big minutes. Don't know how to explain or quantify it, but it's a sight to behold
He was a one-and-done guy at Cincinnati. I remember being shocked when he went pro after his freshman year because he really wasn't all that impressive. And that was when the Cats weren't all that great. I was sort of surprised to see he was still in the league so I felt I needed to roster his dumb ass.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'm thinking Derrick Henry is likely the biggest chalk play this week.

So many teams are going to sit starters. I hate this week for DFS.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
I'm thinking Derrick Henry is likely the biggest chalk play this week.

So many teams are going to sit starters. I hate this week for DFS.
Have hope. The year is 2017. The day: December 31. The Week? 17. Variance has not been your friend this season. It all changes today, my friend. That backup RB falls into the end zone. Injuries smite the rosters of your foes but leave you unscathed. How will you spend your million?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
WTF was with Kuzma last night?
26 minutes. 4 points.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
WTF was with Kuzma last night?
26 minutes. 4 points.
I think he's hurt, & the Lakers are crap. Walton is horrible, too, I think his dad probably put too much LSD in his Kool-Aid as a kid I've been avoiding them for a while now, it's a shit show there. I think Philly, or someone, gets their pick so it's not like they're trying to tank. Hornets are a below average team with Kemba Walker on the floor & a d-league team with him off, & at no point were the lakers in that game. Lakers & Pistons are teams I just can't play, don't know what happened to Detroit

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Truck Party @Truck Party
Paying up for the Jaguars today? Quite the gap.

Kelce @ $7100 or Walker @ $4700
yeah I did, I tried to convince myself of the chiefs defense but man they can suck.

I'm rolling with Clay, I'm hoping for garbage time & the Jags won't have too much of a problem covering the like of zay jones & Benjamin & his 14 current injuries. I did put 2 lineups in & one had tryreek hill at flex & one had Kelce. I have absolutely zero confidence in any of that, I had a few big weeks in NFL but most of the time I sucked, barely made a profit on it & only did b/c I had Julio at 7% the week he went for 50. Last year was great, felt like I could make a great lineup Tuesday without reading anything, this year has been a struggle

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
yeah I did, I tried to convince myself of the chiefs defense but man they can suck.

I'm rolling with Clay, I'm hoping for garbage time & the Jags won't have too much of a problem covering the like of zay jones & Benjamin & his 14 current injuries. I did put 2 lineups in & one had tryreek hill at flex & one had Kelce. I have absolutely zero confidence in any of that, I had a few big weeks in NFL but most of the time I sucked, barely made a profit on it & only did b/c I had Julio at 7% the week he went for 50. Last year was great, felt like I could make a great lineup Tuesday without reading anything, this year has been a struggle
I'm having trouble filling a lineup. Some expensive RBs this week.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
I'm having trouble filling a lineup. Some expensive RBs this week.
this slate is worse than the NBA slate last night, I'm just throwing a few cheapies in for fun. I was deciding between cooper kupp & Sammy Watkins & decided to back out & scale the entry fee down a lot

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
I'm all over the Patriots today.
I'm kinda thinking about only taking one on each lineup I make. Henry might be bigger than anyone on their defense, might be a lot of long drives that eat up the clock. obviously the pats are going to smoke them, but it might not be the offensive explosion I initially thought it'd be

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'm kinda thinking about only taking one on each lineup I make. Henry might be bigger than anyone on their defense, might be a lot of long drives that eat up the clock. obviously the pats are going to smoke them, but it might not be the offensive explosion I initially thought it'd be
I appreciate your $$$ donation.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
My NE play was strong. But I subbed out Amendola for Dede Westbrook at the last minute.

It will likely be close, but I should still finish in the green on these 50/50s unless PIT goes off - the only guy I have is Bell. I faded the raper and his accomplices.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
My 4 game parlay is still alive. That's nice.
I have PIT covering 8 and I'm getting 3.5 with the Saints.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
My NE play was strong. But I subbed out Amendola for Dede Westbrook at the last minute.

It will likely be close, but I should still finish in the green on these 50/50s unless PIT goes off - the only guy I have is Bell. I faded the raper and his accomplices.
put in White w/ Gronk, & at the same time subbed out Corey Davis. I know the feeling. We'll see how my Saints fade goes