Diaz on UFC’s CBD sponsorship: You’re welcome, motherf—ers!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

The Diaz brothers have been long known in MMA circles for being advocates of marijuana, with the younger sibling being a catalyst for USADA implementing the “the Nate Diaz rule” and removing CBD from their prohibited list. Nate “made bank” based on what was initially deemed a somewhat controversial action, and now the UFC is also earning from a recently announced lucrative CBD sponsorship.

Diaz reacted to the UFC’s five-year sponsorship deal with Aurora Cannabis.

“Did you see that CBD deal I got for the UFC? They got a huge deal,” Diaz told ESPN. “You’re welcome motherf—ers!”

The deal reportedly nets the UFC around $15 million per year, for the next five years. Diaz likes the shift in perspective, but he wants his…

Nate Diaz on UFC’s new CBD sponsorship: You’re welcome, motherf—ers!

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
As much as I like Nate I can’t help but think that if he had a better attitude and played the game more strategically then he could have really reaped the rewards of ushering this in, instead of being on the outside looking in.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
As much as I like Nate I can’t help but think that if he had a better attitude and played the game more strategically then he could have really reaped the rewards of ushering this in, instead of being on the outside looking in.
he and his brother could have easily made like 10-15 million dollars more in their careers if they cut out there shennanigans.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
olivi looks good in that pic I would put a mic in her face...if ya get what I'm sayin.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
then again if he wasn't who he is he wouldn't have gotten those Conor fights...we can't look at what ifs when the facts are he is set financially and never wavered on his beliefs or broke character and that alone is priceless..I get exactly what you're saying but you have to.look at from a different perspective and I respect nate more than if he played the good boy and did what the ufc wanted..

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
He said in the interview with Ariel (who helped him promote his product proactively and gave him the platform to get it out there) that he has some cbd products which his company sells and Ariel asked him “do you want to promote your website nate?”
Nate:
“Yes”
Ariel:
“Go ahead, let us know what it is”
Nate:
“Yeah, umm, you know what? I don’t know the website address but.....”

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
then again if he wasn't who he is he wouldn't have gotten those Conor fights...we can't look at what ifs when the facts are he is set financially and never wavered on his beliefs or broke character and that alone is priceless..I get exactly what you're saying but you have to.look at from a different perspective and I respect nate more than if he played the good boy and did what the ufc wanted..
I see your point as well, but take RDA's foot injury out of the equation and where would that have left Nate? I respect how he sticks to his principles, but if Conor wanted to fight Uriah or Frankie instead of Nate at that time, Nate would still have his principles, but not the dolla-dolla-bills ya'll.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I see your point as well, but take RDA's foot injury out of the equation and where would that have left Nate? I respect how he sticks to his principles, but if Conor wanted to fight Uriah or Frankie instead of Nate at that time, Nate would still have his principles, but not the dolla-dolla-bills ya'll.
that rematch got him really paid

Twelve Twenty Four

Jan 21, 2016
I thought i read somewhere that they made some pretty good investments in the industry a while ago and both brothers are doing well because of it