Diaz on UFC return: ‘I’m not excited at all, I’m stuck in this sh-t’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

In classic Diaz brother style, younger brother Nate Diaz put the UFC on blast in a recent interview with TMZ Sports and told reporters that he couldn’t really care less about his return to the cage at UFC 230.

Diaz, who hasn’t fought since his majority decision loss to Conor McGregor in August, 2016, scolded the UFC for not booking his fight with Dustin Poirier at a suggested weight class of 165 lbs. (head president Dana White described Diaz’s idea as ‘nutty’ and said it was ‘never an option’).

“We’ll see [if I return at UFC 230], the ball’s in their court,” Diaz said. “We’ll see. I’m training to fight though, for sure. I’m trying to fight. They…

Nate Diaz on UFC return: ‘I’m not excited at all, I’m stuck in this sh-t’

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Personally I'm a little tired of the Diaz brothers antics. They obviously don't really like to fight that much even though they are good at it. With Poirier I see a guy trying to climb the rankings and get to the top. With Nate I see a guy wanting to get as much money as he can but not really interested in climbing the rankings. His latest grumblings could just be a negotiating tactic. That's good for him if he gets the money but I'm less interested in watching his career play out. I want to watch the guys trying to advance and get to the top.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
NO MORE WEIGHT CLASSES. The UFC has the exact right amount.

I get the appeal of the Diaz brothers but was never really a fan myself. If you don't want to fight, why not just ride off into the sunset and do something else? Why stick around and whine because the UFC doesn't want to disrupt their entire weight class system because you have some arbitrary number in mind that you'd like to weigh in at?

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
Personally I'm a little tired of the Diaz brothers antics. They obviously don't really like to fight that much even though they are good at it. With Poirier I see a guy trying to climb the rankings and get to the top. With Nate I see a guy wanting to get as much money as he can but not really interested in climbing the rankings. His latest grumblings could just be a negotiating tactic. That's good for him if he gets the money but I'm less interested in watching his career play out. I want to watch the guys trying to advance and get to the top.
I want both.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
why not have more weight classes/ they make interims for no good reason and strip titles at will. its not like titles mean anything anymore . lets have a weightclass every 5 pounds and shitloads of champs. there can be title fights every week

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
They should have a title for every pound from 100-300lbs. 200 champions. 15 title matches every card! License to print money.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I defended him every time he complained (every time he was interviewed), but it got tough to nut hug a guy who goes 5 years without a fight
Besides the money, fame, fighting ability, heart, toughness, cool factor, sense of humour, wit and being liked you're basically a Diaz bro.