Diaz vs Pettis - Who Wins?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Diaz vs Pettis, who wins?

• Total voters

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I got Diaz of course, Represent Nor Cal. I don't think Diaz will have ring rust cuz he's such a veteran, as long as he's got time to prepare, same o'l Diaz in the cage. One thing that concerns me is the quick lead leg kicks if Pettis decides to stay orthodox. But I'm sure Diaz will bring pressure, I heard he's ripped right now, in pretty good shape and probably wants to avenge Melendez's loss so motivation should be there.
Diaz wins decision.

Colby's prediction

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
As long as he doesn’t have the attitude of “oh, those leg kicks don’t hurt”, Diaz

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
The gameplan is there to beat Nate and Pettis has the skills to execute it.

But I think Pettis is going to fight dumb and lose a brawl.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
If Pettis keeps his hands up and spams leg kicks he'll win.

If not, Diaz will back him up and wear him out with pressure.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I agree with what other people have said. If Pettis fights smart he wins. I worry a bit that Pettis may be at the point in his career where he feels like he'll make his money as an action fighter and might try to make a statement in a fire fight.

I think he still has aspirations of making a title run though so I think he'll be smart and work on the outside throwing leg kicks and closing the distance for quick short bursts of offense and then getting back out. I see Diaz getting picked apart and resorting to throwing up his hands yelling "where you at!?!" and then whining after the fight that Pettis was running.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Kicks are the decider here
That’s the difference or Diaz makes him fold as he ain’t getting knocked out and a submission loss is “a no from me”
Just, please n8, tell me you worked on defending kicks

M

member 603

Obviously I'm rooting for my boy Nate here all day.

I have a feeling that this fight may be a little bit of a let down though.... I think that both will come looking to throw hands, but the downside is that both Nate and Anthony cut EXTREMELY easily.... This fight has all the makings of a fight that can get stopped on a cut by either side (and the downside is that both guys will still have a lot left in the tank if it does go down that way).

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
If this were a 5 rounder I would say Nate's would wear Pettis down and his cardio and output would prevail. In a 3 rounder though, I'm going with Anthony by decision.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
The gameplan is there to beat Nate and Pettis has the skills to execute it.

But I think Pettis is going to fight dumb and lose a brawl.
I think that Pettis may get mentally broken from Nate coming forward no matter what he does. He's given up before and I could see it happening again.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Diaz is gonna try to take Pettis down and Pettis will try to kick the shit out of Diaz's leg.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Diaz is in hell of a shape. Pettis gonna breakdown unless he sticks to solid game plan of chopping up that lead leg of Diaz

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I think that Pettis may get mentally broken from Nate coming forward no matter what he does. He's given up before and I could see it happening again.
He's had his moments, but he's not a mentally weak fighter. He definitely went through a slump but he appears out of it. He's persevered through adversity vs Wonderboy and Chiesa recently.

Apart from maybe Ferguson, none of the ways the other guys have broken Pettis down in the past have much relevance to Nate - a guy like RDA beat the fuck out of both of them, and Nate's not going fight like Barboza or Holloway, is he?

But I think he's got stuck in a fighting rhythm that Nate will exploit.