Diaz wants return ‘in 3 or 4 months,’ felt ‘unmotivated’ for UFC 263

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Nate Diaz wants to keep himself active in 2021.

After sitting out the entire year in 2020, UFC superstar Nate Diaz made his Octagon return at UFC 263 against Leon Edwards. His late fifth-round rally aside, the 36-year-old veteran lost on the scorecards as he picked up the second straight loss on his record.

Edwards vs. Diaz was supposed to take place at UFC 262 in June, but the pairing was subsequently moved after the latter sustained an injury and had to pull out. As he told Joe Rogan during the Octagon interview and to the media in the post-fight presser, the younger Diaz revealed that it was a cut that caused his withdrawal. He also said the postponement affected his preparations.

“I got cut in training, that’s why we had to push the fight back,” Diaz told reporters. “And I kinda lost all motivation to train and work out hard and all that. So I kinda just lingered around for a month, getting ready for war like that.

“At the end of the day, I felt like… he won or whatever, but I feel like I’m the better fighter, still, regardless. I feel like the peak of the fight is what matters in the fight, anyway.

“I just kinda winged it. I was just kinda walking through that fight, trying to get to the next point in this whole game. I didn’t feel like I was ever really in any danger.

“Of course, I got cut and that f—ng sucks. But like I said, I was unmotivated in training and I just trying to not use any energy anywhere. I was just cruise controlling.”

There was a time in his career when Diaz would fight at least thrice in a calendar year. While he can afford to take it easier nowadays, he is looking to get back in the saddle sooner than later.

“I want to fight in three or four months,” he said. “I’m ready to hop back in there. If I was unscathed, I’ll be back next week. I was just unmotivated to train anymore ‘cause I already put in all the hard work for the last fight in Texas where it was supposed to be. And now I had to linger on for another f—ng month.”

Before UFC 263, Diaz’s last fight took place at UFC 244 in 2019, when he fought Jorge Masvidal for the inaugural BMF title. He lost via third-round TKO due to a doctor stoppage.

Nate Diaz wants to fight again ‘in three or four months,’ felt ‘unmotivated’ for UFC 263

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
He should rematch Masvidal at this point, won't touching that belt anytime soon.
nate was never really a contender anyways. he is a journeyman who has managed to talk his way in to some high profile fights

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I like Nate (Nick not so much) and will miss him when he's gone, but goddamn, I am so sick of both Diaz brothers crying and making bullshit excuses after every single loss. You're not a punk kid any more, you're fast coming up on 40 years old. Sack up and give the opponent the credit that he earned, and instead of whining about how you stubbed your toe in camp 2 months ago so you weren't into this fight, maybe admit that you should have tried checking a leg kick at some point any time in the last 15 years.

Not even hating on him, I'm a fan, but jeez that sticks in my craw when a fighter gets outclassed and then still carries on like he was somehow robbed and was still the better man even though he landed one punch in 25 minutes.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Only if Nick is.

I can definitely see Dana trying to do both brothers on the same card.
Yeah that's true, I didn't consider that.

Nick's done anyway though. I don't understand why anybody expects anything out of him at this point, to be honest. Even if he does sign a fight. Who does he have a chance to beat? I reckon there's a bunch of guys 2-3 fights away from entering the rankings who will take him to school.

??

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I like Nate (Nick not so much) and will miss him when he's gone, but goddamn, I am so sick of both Diaz brothers crying and making bullshit excuses after every single loss. You're not a punk kid any more, you're fast coming up on 40 years old. Sack up and give the opponent the credit that he earned, and instead of whining about how you stubbed your toe in camp 2 months ago so you weren't into this fight, maybe admit that you should have tried checking a leg kick at some point any time in the last 15 years.

Not even hating on him, I'm a fan, but jeez that sticks in my craw when a fighter gets outclassed and then still carries on like he was somehow robbed and was still the better man even though he landed one punch in 25 minutes.

??
"Potential" is the most worthless word in the English language.

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015
I am so sick of both Diaz brothers crying and making bullshit excuses after every single loss.

??
So why would you like them? Is there some force compelling you? As soon as I had seen them show themselves I became a non-fan. They both act like trash thugs. Why give them the time? I seriously can't understand.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
So why would you like them? Is there some force compelling you? As soon as I had seen them show themselves I became a non-fan. They both act like trash thugs. Why give them the time? I seriously can't understand.
Well I see two guys who aren't too smart, and who grew up with nothing, in a gang-ridden shithole. But they're not in prison, I've never heard reports of Nate putting his hands on a woman or seen video of him being a bullying cunt to some random guy. I don't see him as the type of guy who is doing scummy shit. He's surrounded by scummy people I have no doubt, but that's been the case since he was born. I didn't come up in an environment like his, so being that I don't see him as a predatory type who picks on the weak, I can't come down too harsh on him for being rough around the edges. From the start he had, I really respect what he has turned himself into and done with his life. Fair?

??

Last edited:
T

The Big Guy

Im unmotivated to watch the diaz brothers fight so I understand how nate feels