Did anyone watch Foundation?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I've been watching over the past day and it's pretty good. Never read the books.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Not familiar with this series.
Just finished it. Pretty well done for hard sci fi space opera. It supposedly is pretty different from the books, but it's well done enough that I was hooked all the way through. It's pretty thought provoking and David Goyer is the showrunner. He supposedly wants to do 8 seasons, but I'm not sure Apple TV will ride with him that long.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I didn’t read the books but I really enjoyed it. My father read the books many years ago and said that while the series couldn’t live-up to them, it was worth watching for the entertainment and visuals.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Having read the books I was disappointed.
What were some of the main differences? I've read the wiki and see the book goes into much more detail over a seemingly longer period of time. Is it just that or are the characters radically different also?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015

It's different enough to really not be the same story.
Wow the differences are incredibly stark. I guess it's almost like Goyer is just making an Elseworlds set in the Foundation universe. I do have to say, reading through the differences, it seems like some of the changes give us a much more compelling and interesting storyline. Empire, I think, is fascinating in this. Still, he may as well have just called the series something entirely different.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Wow the differences are incredibly stark. I guess it's almost like Goyer is just making an Elseworlds set in the Foundation universe. I do have to say, reading through the differences, it seems like some of the changes give us a much more compelling and interesting storyline. Empire, I think, is fascinating in this. Still, he may as well have just called the series something entirely different.
The clones were the best addition and if they had kept it at that it would have been a success, but you're right it would have been better calling it something else, because it's not Isaac Asimov's Foundation.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
The clones were the best addition and if they had kept it at that it would have been a success, but you're right it would have been better calling it something else, because it's not Isaac Asimov's Foundation.
Forward the Fellation