Did banning soccer kicks hurt "ONE"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020

"International" rules has forgotten the phenomenal techniques we used to see in Asian MMA

I for one have lost most interist in ONE since the banning of the soccer kick

What a rediclious theory that they are bad for the image of the sport...WTF

M

member 3289

Idk man, there's something about seeing a guy getting kicked in the face while on the ground that just makes a lot of people uneasy

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Watched almost every early event with the kicks. Can’t remember the last time I’ve watched since they got rid of them.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Idk man, there's something about seeing a guy getting kicked in the face while on the ground that just makes a lot of people uneasy
If you're in or watching an unarmed street fight, the head stomping is what signals to everyone that things have moved on from a bar fight to attempted (and perhaps successful) homicide. It's culturally, for good reason, taboo.

I've always begrudgingly accepted the no-head stomps rule because of this. But I think the lack of grounded knees (which still look bad but not as bad) fundamentally breaks MMA.

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
If you're in or watching an unarmed street fight, the head stomping is what signals to everyone that things have moved on from a bar fight to attempted (and perhaps successful) homicide. It's culturally, for good reason, taboo.

I've always begrudgingly accepted the no-head stomps rule because of this. But I think the lack of grounded knees (which still look bad but not as bad) fundamentally breaks MMA.
It was a great decision by ONE to continue allowing grounded knees

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I pretty stopped watching when they did. The cage was bad enough and then the loss of one of the only org to allow them soured me almost completely on them.............

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020

you have an excellent point but I think round kicks and ground knees are MMA 101

Banning head stomping is understandable however i will always believe its frightening to behold yet not as dangerous as it seems