General Did Wallace need to get shot?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
At first it felt like it was in a boring setting away from the stuff we wanted to watch, but in the end it was a good season.
Are you one of the guys that only watch The Wire due to a hard on for gangsta rappers and skip the dialogue parts where the real important shit goes on?

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Are you one of the guys that only watch The Wire due to a hard on for gangsta rappers and skip the dialogue parts where the real important shit goes on?
GTFO with this shite, I said it was a good season, do you need me to get on my knees and praise it? I'm not into stories about dock workers so it felt kinda weird to leave the hood and move towards labour strikes, container deliveries, and idiots whipping their junk out.

The Wire was heavily focused on black culture in Baltimore yet having a rapper in it was one of the worst casting choices IMO, Method Man as "Cheese" was horrific and it felt like a skit out of the How High movie every time he appeared. Was so relieved when that other dude put a gun to his head and blew his brains out.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
GTFO with this shite, I said it was a good season, do you need me to get on my knees and praise it? I'm not into stories about dock workers so it felt kinda weird to leave the hood and move towards labour strikes, container deliveries, and idiots whipping their junk out.

The Wire was heavily focused on black culture in Baltimore yet having a rapper in it was one of the worst casting choices IMO, Method Man as "Cheese" was horrific and it felt like a skit out of the How High movie every time he appeared. Was so relieved when that other dude put a gun to his head and blew his brains out.
I still say snoop should've been played by

Missy Elliott

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015

chill, I’m just teasing. But I do want you to get on your knees and praise it. it’s that good.

Slim Charles killing Cheese was one of the best things ever. “That was fo’Joe”.

but it was the character that was an asshole not the actor IMO. Method Man delivered one of my favorite scenes ever when he was telling Prop Joe about the co-op’s stash getting robbed - “Omar had one of those commando squads with him man...there was this ho... pulling guns...out of her pussy, man...shit was unseemly”.

His expressions when he’s talking about the ho part is totally priceless. how he is genuinely disgusted with it.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Did you guys see the white prop Joe on tiger king?

Motherfucker looks just like him

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Have you seen the prequel scenes on YouTube? There are 3 iirc: Prop Joe as child ripping off some kids at school; the day McNulty and The Bunk first met; and young Omar doing Omar shit.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
they're pretty underwhelming though don't you think? I was slightly disappointed first time I seen it. The one with Prop Joe is way too contrived.
The prop Joe one was bullshit. I still enjoyed unseen content tho.

The McNulty and bunk one was also bullshit but it was exactly what I hoped it would be. Only thing missing was a round of "motherfucker"

I kinda liked the Omar one because you can see he's got his code. The kids were too young tho, ain't no way them other two gonna let that kid boss them around like that