Did you see this douche attack an Uber driver?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I still don't understand the Uber thing. Are people just turning their cars into cabs and somehow getting around the rules/regs for regular cabbies? And fuck letting some sumbitch I don't know into my car. Just asking for shit like this to happen. The guy should have let him get out of the car and ran him over.

Winnson

We can't stop here. This is bat country!
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Why did he refuse to drive the dude home and say he was kicking him out?

Because he was drunk? That's why he called Uber!

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015

Agree but in all fairness the guy obviously couldnt explain where he was trying to go lol.

I would jumped out my car and laid a serious pounding on that guy for hitting me like that from the backseat. Getting slapped in the head makes me see red!!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
and somehow getting around the rules/regs for regular

Well yes that's exactly right.
Uber has negotiated regulation, sometimes more or less successfully, with city governments.

They do their own background checks and offer insurance.

Uber is great as a rider.
If cabs let me rate them, gave me an app with estimated fare,etc I'd probably go back to them..

I use uber weekly on average.
For the price of a cab I got in a prius with a guy that had a free bottle of water and a iPad with hotspot mounted. He pointed out the charging cable if I needed to charge my phone.

I was able to press one button my phone and share my eta with my wife.

Uber rocks for the consumer.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

The guy was so drunk he couldn't tell him where to go after 3 minutes of asking. The guy couldn't buckle up and just kept falling over on evry turn.
The passenger had apparently messed up putting in an address in the app. So the driver is sitting here wasting time with a guy that can't give an address.

Apr 3, 2015
I would love to be an uber driver. but my vehicle is not new enough even though it is in mint condition. and they dont service my area yet.

I am like, dude, I CAN SERVICE MY AREA, thus, Uber in my area.

they didnt write me back. :(

Apr 3, 2015
I still don't understand the Uber thing. Are people just turning their cars into cabs and somehow getting around the rules/regs for regular cabbies? And fuck letting some sumbitch I don't know into my car. Just asking for shit like this to happen. The guy should have let him get out of the car and ran him over.
you go to uber and you have to provide your VIN, DL, proof of insurance, other forms of ID, the city you live in and a bit about yourself.

then, they get back to you, the basic guidelines is if you have enough potential clientele in your area, if Uber is established in your city yet (usually they wont even bother unless your city has over 100k people) and you need a vehicle newer than 5 years with a current inspection with inspections done every 6 months.

usual stuff really. but I dont qualify for most of it. Car, Population, Established.

TasteeWheat

The Original Mr. Interview
Oct 29, 2015
Agree but in all fairness the guy obviously couldnt explain where he was trying to go lol.

I would jumped out my car and laid a serious pounding on that guy for hitting me like that from the backseat. Getting slapped in the head makes me see red!!
I agree, seeing him get slapped from being made my blood boil.

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm still not allowing a stranger in my car unless she's in the trunk tied up

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Pop your belt and slam your seat back. That's what John Wick did anyway.

Seriously though I'm glad he gave him a good macing. That guy was the scum of the earth..