Diego Brandao wants Conor McGregor rematch after Aldo "kicks his ass"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
usa-today-7636165.0[1].jpg

The Ultimate Fighter Season 14 champion Diego Brandao says he wants to fight Conor McGregor once again but now with a full camp. He also doesn't believe 'The Notorious' can find a way to defeat current UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo.

"Conor has no idea what is like to fight for five rounds and I wasn't trained when we fought. I'm not looking to give excuses, but he's not all that he says he is. He didn't get in my head when we fought, I just wasn't there. But that's in the past, he won, kudos to him. He earned his title shot, but he's not all that. There's a lot of people ahead of him,Frankie Edgar, Chad Mendes and Brandao, who is coming back. Aldo will take him down and wear him out. He's really bad at jiu-jitsu. I don't know what was up with me, I wasn't well, but I'll show I can strike and grapple on my next fight. I hope Conor loses and accepts the rematch with me".

Diego Brandao will face Jimy Hettes on the preliminary card of UFC on Fox 15, which will happen in Newark, New Jersey, on April 18.

Diego Brandao wants Conor McGregor rematch after Aldo "kicks his ass" - Bloody Elbow

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
no ill will intended, but "I'm not looking to give excuses, but"

I know! I'm not sure fighters often think these statements out.
"He was the better fighter that night, but I'm the better fighter now..." Would go a long way to helping us all disregard the past and acknowledge new training.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
No he doesn't. He may say he wants it, but deep down, he doesn't want another Irish ass whoopin.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I know! I'm not sure fighters often think these statements out.
"He was the better fighter that night, but I'm the better fighter now..." Would go a long way to helping us all disregard the past and acknowledge new training.
valid point.........it's always, this "i wasn't 100 percent; or wasn't myself that night", but "if i was brother, i would whip that azz"..............and granted, sometimes fighters get hurt before a fight and fight on, which I totally appreciate and respect (love the toughness and would never question it) but "wasn't myself" or "my mind wasn't in it" doesn't work for me.......i mean, i used to say that when i lost matches in nj in wrestling, particularly to one guy i sh-t talked about for a month before the match......problem was, i got my as- handed to me and i was bitter, oh and i was also better than him but :)

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Brandao is a front runner who will break once adversity hits. He will never beat Conor