Sci/Tech Digital driver's licenses coming to Louisiana

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Digital driver's license app now available in Louisiana

Louisiana's new digital driver's license app, LA Wallet, is now available to the public.

The app, according to the governor's office, will enable drivers to keep a digital copy of their license on their cell phone ensuring they always have access to their identification. The App, called LA Wallet, was created under Louisiana law Act 625 by Rep. Ted James.

The app was designed in coordination with Louisiana State Police, the Department of Public Safety, and the Department of Motor Vehicles and developed by Louisiana software firm Envoc.

The app is the first digital driver's license to fully launch in the United States.

The Governor's office says that the app is free to download but an in-app charge will allow users to activate their license for legal acceptance. The digital license is valid for the life of a regular physical license and must be renewed via LA Wallet once the user's physical license has been renewed via the OMV. The digital driver's license will be accepted by Louisiana State Police

Updates to address and other information before a license's expiration date can be updated on the app by linking and relinking a license. In April, the Business Report stated the app would be compatible with iOS and Android phones. It costs $5.99.

Digital licenses will not work when it comes to boarding an aircraft. According to LAWallet.com, official acceptance at restaurants, bars, and TSA is pending approval. Learn more here

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
You let the state have access to your life through a app on your phone so you dont have to carry a license?

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
You let the state have access to your life through a app on your phone so you dont have to carry a license?
How so? It’s literally an app to download a copy of your ID. The only information they get is already on your license.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Nothing can go wrong with this. You can share all your personal information on line, or just carry a wallet. The choice is yours.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
How so? It’s literally an app to download a copy of your ID. The only information they get is already on your license.
You dont think they cant access your phone through a app? Lol at you of all people believing what the government is telling you.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Nothing can go wrong with this. You can share all your personal information on line, or just carry a wallet. The choice is yours.
Yes, heaven forbid the government knows my DOB, drivers license number, and if I’m an organ donor.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
The government needs to know nothing about me. I am at my most comfortable living in the shadows, as I always have been.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
The government needs to know nothing about me. I am at my most comfortable living in the shadows, as I always have been.
Ya lol posting your life story on here with picture after picture of you and your dogs.

So in the shadows.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I forgot you already know everything. Good day
Never said I did, but you act like getting an app is like opening my phone up to the government. The app is through a normal app developer and the info is gathered from OMV records. The state already has this information on their records along with my fingerprints. So how is this app any different than Twitter, which actually has more intrusive permissions?