Dillon Danis signs with Bellator

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
If he's half as bad in the fight game as he talks, we might be in for a treat...

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I know the name because he's talked so much shit. Sink or swim time.
He's legit as hell when it comes to grappling. Now how that will translate to MMA remains to be seen. I feel about the same in regards to him signing as I did with Ruth, Fortune, Pico, etc. Obviously really talented guys when they aren't getting punched in the face and now we get to see if they can round out the rest of their games.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
He's legit as hell when it comes to grappling. Now how that will translate to MMA remains to be seen. I feel about the same in regards to him signing as I did with Ruth, Fortune, Pico, etc. Obviously really talented guys when they aren't getting punched in the face and now we get to see if they can round out the rest of their games.
I've always liked to see guys who are dominate in at least one area of their game. It's good to be well rounded, even necessary. But I'd rather see a guy who is good in some areas and great in one than a guy who just has a little of everything, but doesn't excel in anything.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Honestly how much rounding out do you think he needs? If his grappling is that good then he should just use his strikes to set up take downs like Maia (after he learned K1 Maia was a bad idea).

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Honestly how much rounding out do you think he needs? If his grappling is that good then he should just use his strikes to set up take downs like Maia (after he learned K1 Maia was a bad idea).
About that much- just enough striking to keep yourself from getting hit, and to get you in to set up takedowns.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Exactly. As long as he's able to strike enough to get the fight into his world he'll be golden. It'll be interesting to see if he's able to actually get takedowns though.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Agree with most all u said. Pico is a bit different though. He hasn't only been training wrestling like a Ruth or fortune. Dude has been around it all when it comes to combat. I expect him to come in much more fluid with his strikes as opposed to a Ruth or fortune.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Agree with most all u said. Pico is a bit different though. He hasn't only been training wrestling like a Ruth or fortune. Dude has been around it all when it comes to combat. I expect him to come in much more fluid with his strikes as opposed to a Ruth or fortune.
Definitely. He has really good hands from everything I've heard. I hope that his knee holds up and the wrath of AKA has already hit and moved on from him before it can ruin his career.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Nice! Good for bellator. Interesting to see how he does in MMA, just cuz u're a high level grappler does not mean u'll be a good fighter.

Marcello Garcia tried MMA too...