Dillon Danis vs Jake Shields and Urijah Faber vs Paulo Miyao at SUG 4

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

"Earlier this month, we learned that BJJ whiz Dillon Danis had signed with Bellator MMA. Danis is expected to debut with the organization later this year. The exciting thing about this debut, of course, is that it will mark not only his first fight with Bellator, but his first mixed martial arts bout outright.

"While Danis will now be dedicating a good deal of his focus to his new mixed martial arts career, he will not be abandoning his grappling roots.

"On Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour, it was announced that Danis will serve as one half of the main event of Submission Underground 4. The other half of this main event will be former Strikeforce middleweight champion, former UFC welterweight title challenger, and recent WSOF welterweight title challenger Jake Shields. The match is scheduled for May 14 in Portland, Oregon...."

Read more:
Dillon Danis vs. Jake Shields grappling match to headline SUG 4 | BJPenn.com

Last edited:

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Lol my new phone thinks danis is danish. It will learn, I guess. Rooting for Jake of course.

M

member 603

Great matchups... Danis is tough, Jake is a grinder... Dillon will want to play off his back, which would play into Jake's strength... As much as I'd love to pick Jake here, I could see Dillon catching him.

Faber is an Energizer Bunny, solid grappler, strong as hell... Definitely will have a sizable strength advantage over Paulo. Paulo is incredible at hitting that berimbolo, awesome at going inverted and taking your back.... Both can go at a high pace. I say if Faber gets a hold of Paulo's head/neck he could get the upset, but I just don't see Paulo letting him get that comfortable... This is a pick em match for me.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Danis is tough, Jake is a grinder... Dillon will want to play off his back, which would play into Jake's strength... As much as I'd love to pick Jake here, I could see Dillon catching him.
Yeah, plus in his fight with Fitch, Jake looked like he's slowing down--maybe it's age, idk. Hope he comes in shape and gives Danis a run for his money at least.

I am also excited to see Urijah. This is a good move for him imo, and I would love to see him win. But, I have been a fan of his for a long time, even when he loses. So I would still watch his next match either way if he keeps grappling.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
MMA journlism at its finest. Looks like only FloSports and BJ put out articles. BJ's is far superior, but still not great. Tempted to write my own, but I will be on full mommy duty shortly. Anyone else got the itch, feel free. Meanwhile I will post BJ's.

Need better pictures too.

Wild @Wild Imo this news is above the fold even though it's grappling. It's happiest today. Do what you will. :cherryblossom:

Last edited:

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
My god I hope shield wins. Not a big fan of dilon. I think Paulo will win. I see him wrapping up faber.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
It's a good match up for Danis that plays right into his strengths. Shields has terrible striking and likes to grapple.

M

member 603

It's a good match up for Danis that plays right into his strengths. Shields has terrible striking and likes to grapple.
This is a submission grappling event, not an MMA fight. Jake has great top pressure and top game, Dillon works better off his back. Wouldn't surprise me if Dillon got a submission, but it wouldn't surprise me if Jake got him either. I am slightly favoring Dillon though, as much as I can't stand him.. youth is the X factor.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
This is a submission grappling event, not an MMA fight. Jake has great top pressure and top game, Dillon works better off his back. Wouldn't surprise me if Dillon got a submission, but it wouldn't surprise me if Jake got him either. I am slightly favoring Dillon though, as much as I can't stand him.. youth is the X factor.
Haha, yeah, I didn't read that right at all..I thought this was finally his debut mma bout.

M

member 603

I saw the highlights of the event.... Much respect to Uriah Faber, that seriously was a awesome looking match (I gotta watch it in its entirety). I hope that he continues competing in high level grappling events.

Oh Dillon Dillon Dillon.... What can be said about you..... I hope you have learned a touch of humility. Great job by Jake Shields, even better win.