General Disagree button-bring back or leave off?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

The Disagree Button, bring it back or leave it off?

• bring back the disagree button

• leave it off

Results are only viewable after voting.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Thread title says it all.

Just trying to gauge from the community how you all feel. We want to PLEASE everyone, and we can't do that, but we can at least try to please the majority.

Right now we need to determine where the majority leans, for the disagree button being added back, or keeping it off.

Please vote as your vote truly matters on the outcome of this subject.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
You don't have the option to explain why you disagree?
I have that option, I don't have the option to have the disagree icon.

Sometimes an explanation should be given, other times a disagree is obvious enough you don't have to specify.

I will say that although the current poll results aren't in my favor, it's easier for me to not have the disagree button knowing the majority of us here didn't want it, despite me wanting it. Thanks for those who voted, even though 4 of them voted the wrong way :D

Stillmatic

Posting Machine
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I have that option, I don't have the option to have the disagree icon.

Sometimes an explanation should be given, other times a disagree is obvious enough you don't have to specify.

I will say that although the current poll results aren't in my favor, it's easier for me to not have the disagree button knowing the majority of us here didn't want it, despite me wanting it. Thanks for those who voted, even though 4 of them voted the wrong way :D
long sigh...........focus could be spent in other areas of this forum.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You were part of the original conversation as to why it was gone and not coming back.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Hey I see this was locked.

I'm unlocking but D241. This isnt the thread that will change our mind. Like i said I was hoping to powwow with wild and then make a thread that we could formally vote on it. I just got done saying that in that other thread. I really didn't want you to make this thread right now.

Youre free to discuss anything you wabt....but Can i remove your poll? This is gonna confuse people if we go have a formal poll.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Thanks Splinty. Thanks for unlocking it as well ass thanks for asking about removing the poll. You can do as you wish, I just appreciate the pre-communication before your decision is made.

I wasn't trying to jump the gun but rather just thought I was taking initiative as I didn't think it'd be high up on your priority list to address.

I am sure you are happy with the results, and although not what I was expecting or hoping, it is SO much of a relief to know that I am in the minority in this matter. I appreciate having a platform to get everyone's vote/opinion on this matter, and it's not even a big matter for me, just a topic I thought could create some discussion and give back some input.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
when viewing the off topic forum, this thread has what appears to be an icon of glasses. What's that about?

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I value ya'lls opinion more than I value having it my way on an issue like this. Thanks for the votes.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I'm glad I didn't edit that post. I realized after I posted it it's probably b/c I was "watching" the thread, but MahatmaPetey's post was funny. The OOOOHHHHHHHHHHH is what made me laugh.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
The only time I've ever used the disagree button is when Stickgrappler @Stickgrappler said Rob Liefeld is a good artist. No explanation is needed in that case.

Otherwise, it should go because it leads to less volume posting.

I also think I understand why this thread was locked previously if it was posted from a Moderator as the word "we" was used and sends a message as though the administrators were willing to make that change, when in fact they weren't.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
See, and that is where I would click the disagree(on morpheus' post) lol

(just light humor guys)

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
mixedmartialarts.com, aka the UG(abbreviation for their mma forum called the UnderGround)

They have a shit voting/karma system. For example TQN got froze from being voted down. He was voted down for complaining about being voted down lol

It's STUPID because trolls have more power than mods do there as even myself was froze for 4 days last month.
What was I froze for? Someone made a thread on THIS site, a joke about Conor Mcgregor fight being off due to a hand injury. The link when you click it, well, here, just click the link to understand the "funny"
BREAKING: Conor McGregor Injured; Aldo-McGregor bout scrapped

I was fooled, but felt it was a clever way to fool me as I haven't seen something done to fool someone like this, and I appreciated it.

I made the same thread on the UG, and I got froze from vote downs lol. Total bs.
But yet you want a disagree button? Granted "disagrees" wouldn't get you frozen.