General Disagree button-bring back or leave off?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

The Disagree Button, bring it back or leave it off?

• bring back the disagree button

• leave it off

Results are only viewable after voting.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Only would be used for the TQN threads about Vitor doing this and that. For me at least.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Leave it off...If you disagree, you should be able to voice it, coherently with an actual reply rather than a dismissive 'disagree' button.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
i'm pretty sure if someone had a post that was "disagree'd", if it bothered that poster they could always tag the person who disagreed, as a cool feature is you get to see who voted what, and then ask them to follow up with why they disagree.

Anno Domini

Feb 26, 2015
Bring the disagree button back. But is there a way to make it so if someone choose it they have to explain why they disagree?

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Before I agree or disagree with anything I always have to ask myself "what would Conor do". I'll be getting a tiger tattooed on my stomach this weekend, thanks Conor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King of Life

Jan 28, 2015
Bring the disagree button back. But is there a way to make it so if someone choose it they have to explain why they disagree?
In my opinion this is a really good idea.

So if you disagree you have to state a reason why. Maybe in a text box underneath or something.

I have seen the disagree button removed from another forum before because people kept using it for passive aggresiveness. If you have to state why then I think it could add value to it.

If this is not possible then I would probably get rid of it myself as I can see people in the future when there are more members just abusing it constantly. Also we do not want people to be fearfull of sharing their true opinions incase they get a disagree icon under their comment.

The downvote system on the Underground has prevented many potentially interesting discussions in my view. People care too much about being voted down.

Anno Domini

Feb 26, 2015
the quote button :p
True haha. But i was suggesting in order to disagree button you would have to have explanation or something besides just hitting the button.. No idea if that is possible btw or if that made any sense.

1st Edit. No way to do that according to Splinty.

2nd Edit. James explained what i was trying to say perfectly.

Last edited: