Discussion on UG : Kirik response to being paid by UFC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Kirik:
I am baffled at the handwringing over this one.
Are there really human beings so despicably spoiled they think they are endowed with a funadmental human right to gossip in the most tawdry fashion imaginable? On my mother's life, I have no knowledge one way or the other about the subject, and because I am an adult, I don't care. You should not either if you are older than 12, or younger than 12. Or 12.
You can't discuss the personal life of prominent figures in the MMA community on the UG. It is in the terms of service, and is eminently reasonable. It has always been the case.
It has been the case since the late 90s, when there was talk on the UG about the apparent extra marital shenanigans of a prominent member of the MMA community. We happened to find ourselves he and I that weekend in the same room, and had a full and frank discussion about the matter. He was famous then, way more famous now. People's personal life is no one's business, and people that love to gossip about that kind of thing should look at themselves honestly and be ashamed, and make some corrections.
I am not saying this from some lofty position of perfection. I make mistakes all the time. I have failings of character all the time. But if you think you have a right to speculate in public about someone's personal life, and are outraged when a grown up acts in ways they remind you that you don't, then there is something fundamentally wrong with you that needs to be addressed.
We receive $0.0 from the UFC, from ZUFFA, or from the owners. I had to use all that language so there was no wiggle room. The UFC does not own the UG. Or rent it.
There are countless great people here. And there are too many sad, adult adolescents, offering ignorant advice and making ignorant demands with no understanding of adult reality. There are consequences to things that happen on the UG.
I have received years of insults and criticism for the removal of three posts about Lloyd Irvin, among the 100s. Ask Fuzzy Badfeet what he thinks now that he lost his school. He was long on advice to me. Ask him now how things worked out when he followed his own advice.
We just in December closed a copyright case in Federal court that cost us $20,000, over 22 images posted on the site, posted by UGers, and hosted on a third party site.
I am an adult. I try to run this site responsibly and approrpiately. The individuals complaining about this have lost their bearings, and that is the kindest thing I can say.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
In the thread there are numerous more responses which strong language and surprisingly derogatory comments towards members from Kirik. i'm surprised, his rational level-headedness has gone completely out the window.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think what makes me go "Hmmm," is that it's ok to discuss certain people's personal lives. ie - who is dating who, what fighters do in their personal lives. But prominent people are off limits.

What I do understand is that legally he doesn't need o deal with the crap that comes with it. He's not saying he wants to be the guy out there fighting for free speech, he just wants to have a forum to discuss stuff.

I can understand that.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah he has come across pretty derogatory toward forum members who have complained about all of this. People hate censorship and that's at the root off that whole discussion.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Mad Dog;n17518 said:
People hate censorship and that's at the root off that whole discussion.
Exactly.

All the rest aside, here is the jist of it all.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Once thing which is obvious is the increasing growth of discontent with the UFC and it's practices within long time fans. Fans like me that can't believe the sport we love can be managed like this BUT this discontent also has far reaching consequences for any forum / journalist / website which may have some kind of perceived mutual agreement,

Whilst the UFC goes through increasingly volatile patch, the ug will also have to weather that same storm...and for me the only way the ug can survive that storm is if MOD practices are better understood..(many people have been banned for nothing more than disagreeing with Cindy, yet it's OK for her shout the the same vile and go on her merry way) and they should explain also explain their actions.
Personally, I'm very happy here now and hope this forum continues to grow as I don't see any cultural or technological change happening over there.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
^^^^ There needs to be clear lines to identify censorship and breach of fomus rules and then you need to be consistent on how you address both. If somebody is going outside of the forums TOS then freeze or ban depending on what's written and how often. If somebody is simply spewing garbage non stop then its up to admin and mods to do something even though it might not be violating the TOS.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Maybe he woke up with a horse head in his bed, maybe the constant (mostly justified) criticism is getting him, maybe he thinks he won't be on the Ufc's holiday card list any longer

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I sucked Stillmatics WOODley;17533 said:
^^^^ There needs to be clear lines to identify censorship and breach of fomus rules and then you need to be consistent on how you address both. If somebody is going outside of the forums TOS then freeze or ban depending on what's written and how often. If somebody is simply spewing garbage non stop then its up to admin and mods to do something even though it might not be violating the TOS.
Agree 1000%. So many assholes over there constantly walk the fine line between 'opinion' and fighter bashing. Also the aggression by some posters toward other posters is ridiculous.

It's not too hard to spot someone who's only there to be an asshole and a thorn in the whole forums side, yet they're allowed to do the same shit for years because they never QUITE cross the line.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
SickEye;n17577 said:
Agree 1000%. So many assholes over there constantly walk the fine line between 'opinion' and fighter bashing. Also the aggression by some posters toward other posters is ridiculous.

It's not too hard to spot someone who's only there to be an asshole and a thorn in the whole forums side, yet they're allowed to do the same shit for years because they never QUITE cross the line.
We all know many of these posters and its frustrating to see them still around. I love and can appreciate a good troll but the blatant asshole, douche or just unoriginal insult tosser doesn't bring anything to the table, fuck em.

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

because of the deleted threads, that topic is getting way more exposure instead of letting it slide in one thread and gets burried by other news.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Since it is public record, has anyone asked or searched to see if Kirik is telling the truth about a federal court case. He tends to let things ride when someone bashes a less known fighter then say tiny swole. I still do not believe anything this man has to say.

Stealth

Jan 20, 2015
Much like other times, it was handled extremely poorly. 1 topic should of been sticked that simply stated that threads about recents lorezno tweet is a violation of their TOS. Which he state is talking bout peoples personal life? Which doesn't really make sense and he made a public tweet...

Yet past threads like mayhems twitter melton or other jon jone tweets were allowed so I'm not sure why this one was being so selective..

it's a shame really..I was with that site for over 5 years and paid every year for blue to post pics and photoshops, I kinda regret supporting that site now.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Stealth;n17619 said:
Much like other times, it was handled extremely poorly. 1 topic should of been sticked that simply stated that threads about recents lorezno tweet is a violation of their TOS. Which he state is talking bout peoples personal life? Which doesn't really make sense and he made a public tweet...

Yet past threads like mayhems twitter melton or other jon jone tweets were allowed so I'm not sure why this one was being so selective..

it's a shame really..I was with that site for over 5 years and paid every year for blue to post pics and photoshops, I kinda regret supporting that site now.
Kirik is handling the whole situation poorly, feels like he's venting rather than offering rational, level-headed advice.....Kirik seems like a good dude but instead of fully investing back into the website with better technology and clear rules and understanding MODs...it's now become a cesspit.

Thankfully plenty of awesome peeps have made there way over to here.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The UG team pick and choose what they want to enforce the rules on. Jon Jones seen at clubs after rehab? No problem. MayheM getting arrested naked in a church? No problem. Lloyd Irvin molesting a girl? Can't discuss that. Lorenzo's midnight booty call? Can't discuss that.

The root of the problem there is nonuniform administration. Anything against the agenda is removed or swept under the rug.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
He should be a politician.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
What is the point of hosting a discussion forum if you're only going to stifle the conversation? I understand moderation will always be necessary, but this is a case of flat out censorship. Fuck Kirik. I sincerely despise that place now.

Edit: Just read the thread. Wow is Kirik being super defensive about this one. The irony of him complaining about adults acting children for not having their way is not lost on me. What a joke.:lmao:

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
kirik is a turd. he lies through his teeth about shit all the time, so i don't believe that he's not paid. there's just to much that points to him being ufc owned.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
I`d like to find that thread and read it.

I could be considered negative & and asshole,but the content on the forum over the last two years has made me that way.

A whole lot of advertising,promoting,bragging,Johnny come lately`s and social climbers.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
crowbar;n17833 said:
I`d like to find that thread and read it.

I could be considered negative & and asshole,but the content on the forum over the last two years has made me that way.

A whole lot of advertising,promoting,bragging,Johnny come lately`s and social climbers.
The prime years were when the UFC was really blowing up big. Everyone was excited and felt like they were a part of something special. 2007-2009 there was a lot of fun. It started changing when the Tenors arrived. It was like a tsunami of assholes hit the UG.

Feb 7, 2015
I lurked for years on the UG and saw how it degraded as well. I have been a member of other forums that also have that "selective" enforcement of the rules...if you're not part of the inner circle, you get disciplined, but in the circle, you have carte blanche.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
YouHitaWallPushTruIt;n17942 said:
I lurked for years on the UG and saw how it degraded as well. I have been a member of other forums that also have that "selective" enforcement of the rules...if you're not part of the inner circle, you get disciplined, but in the circle, you have carte blanche.
Well welcome to the community my man, and glad to see you posting. Check out the Site Feedback and Help forum...bunch of threads there to help you navigate the site + info on mobile apps. PM me or any Admin/Mod if you need anything.