Discussion on UG : Kirik response to being paid by UFC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
crowbar;n17833 said:
I`d like to find that thread and read it.

I could be considered negative & and asshole,but the content on the forum over the last two years has made me that way.

A whole lot of advertising,promoting,bragging,Johnny come lately`s and social climbers.
I don't think anyone considers you either of those things, not trying to cup your nuts or anythIng but I can't recall a negative reference made your way.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Kirik has really made himself look foolish today. The more he babbles the more I cringe for him.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm assuming all is forgiven over there now? That's usually how it works isn't it, lol.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I Wild Each It;n17956 said:
I'm assuming all is forgiven over there now? That's usually how it works isn't it, lol.

I don't think so. Everytime he unleashes his jack boot mods he pisses people off more and more. Thats why there are two other thriving MMA websites now. People get sick of the crap there.

Last night was a good example of how fed up people are there.

Calavaro

IT questions? I got your back. PM me.
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Point of order.

1. It's a privately owned forum and the owner can do precisely whatever he feels like without having to explain himself to anyone. He can ban the posting of cats tomorrow and nothing anyone can do about it.

2. People bitching an moaning about a privately owned forum are completely clueless what it takes to successfully (and profitably) run a forum. (hint: you'll almost always lose money if you do not have a clear business plan. Setting up a forum just because it is free or easy is a surefire way to find a slippery slope).

3. There is a clear example of a forum parting company with the parent forum and setting up that part on it's own URL/server.ownership. That forum turned to complete garbage in 2 seconds flat because it was run by peole who thought everything was free/easy/no consequence... oh boy they were wrong.

4. Once you get famous in any capacity you will be haunted by trolls (and worse) that try to rub you the wrong way. They will nitpick everything you say and rake you over the coals in 2 seconds flat if it suits their mood.... all anonymously of course.

5. Any attempt to clean up will be met with strong resistance, no matter what and specially if the rules of any sort change. Tards will defend their right to suicide at all costs... just to "win".

6. Sorry I wild each it... you'll be one of the targets once the forum hits 10k subs or so... prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.

7. That Kirik didn't sell out during 2007-2009 speaks volumes about his character. He probably turned down a good chunk of pocket change more than once.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Calavaro;n18077 said:
Point of order.

1. It's a privately owned forum and the owner can do precisely whatever he feels like without having to explain himself to anyone. He can ban the posting of cats tomorrow and nothing anyone can do about it.

2. People bitching an moaning about a privately owned forum are completely clueless what it takes to successfully (and profitably) run a forum. (hint: you'll almost always lose money if you do not have a clear business plan. Setting up a forum just because it is free or easy is a surefire way to find a slippery slope).

3. There is a clear example of a forum parting company with the parent forum and setting up that part on it's own URL/server.ownership. That forum turned to complete garbage in 2 seconds flat because it was run by peole who thought everything was free/easy/no consequence... oh boy they were wrong.

4. Once you get famous in any capacity you will be haunted by trolls (and worse) that try to rub you the wrong way. They will nitpick everything you say and rake you over the coals in 2 seconds flat if it suits their mood.... all anonymously of course.

5. Any attempt to clean up will be met with strong resistance, no matter what and specially if the rules of any sort change. Tards will defend their right to suicide at all costs... just to "win".

6. Sorry I wild each it... you'll be one of the targets once the forum hits 10k subs or so... prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.

7. That Kirik didn't sell out during 2007-2009 speaks volumes about his character. He probably turned down a good chunk of pocket change more than once.
1. When you accept money from members, you ARE obligated to answer said members if you expect to continue taking their money. Business 101

2. see 1 ^ If you pay for a service.....you are well within your rights to voice any displeasure.

3. no comment

4. Trolls will do all those things without regard to fame or not. It's up to the Admin of the forum to dictate what is acceptable to his/her mods to enforce. If Kirik is getting trolled, than that's on him. IWEI established a reasonable code of conduct here from day 1, and if someone wants to go against that, they won't be here long.

5. Cleaning up is easy, Kirik is worried about losing customers so he's letting his desire of profit exceed his desire for a decent forum.

6. I doubt there will be much worry of that here.... see 4 ^

7. Either you are correct or way off base. Who know's? but I wouldn't doubt if Kirik thought he was going to hold out for more $$$ based on the EGG's prediction that the UFC was going to be bigger than soccer. Doesn't look like that was a good game plan right now.....................but maybe it will all turn around.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Calavaro;n18077 said:
Point of order.

If you don't have paying members I would agree with you on most parts. But he does have paying customers, so he should answer questions and be held accountable as to what people are actually paying for, it sure as he'll wasn't site upgrades.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Calavaro;n18077 said:
Well thankfully we've got a LONG way to go before I have to worry about that then :)

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I Wild Each It;n18152 said:
lol wut? Please, go on...
Yup that is exactly what he said and more. Lucky i got banned there because if i didnt then, i wouldve now for calling him a moron. The guy literally screams im fake as fuck lol. What he says almost seems like a script lol. The only reason the other site is still popular is because of how long its been around, there are maybe 20 percent of people that actually like the place and 80 percent just wont leave because of habit and loving the drams.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
dacofty;n17604 said:
Since it is public record, has anyone asked or searched to see if Kirik is telling the truth about a federal court case. He tends to let things ride when someone bashes a less known fighter then say tiny swole. I still do not believe anything this man has to say.
i found that part intriguing too. reddit is being sued for $100 milion? i was googling but couldn't find any records of that. Should be a pretty big story.

and can forum be sued for what a member put up? normally a lawyer would put up a cease and desist letter. Especially if you don't host the images yourself. Because if you can and this is a precedent cant everyone sue hotmail for emotional distress after getting so many penis enlargement junk mails? :spam:

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
i posted in that thread on the UG wondering whats going on with reddit and this copyright deal.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
lookoutawhale;n18241 said:
i posted in that thread on the UG wondering whats going on with reddit and this copyright deal.

Doesn't look like Kirik wants to answer you. Maybe he made that up?

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
^ from the reply to the other dude it seems the copyright lawsuit was frivolous. meaning some dude was suing for no reason other than to troll. which i guess doesn't really serve a purpose in relation to the lorenzo thing then.

and im still not sure whats happening with the reddit thing hehe. theres no trace of them being sued for 100 mill. unless he misread that troll article and thought it was fact. unless someone else here has found something on google..

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
lookoutawhale;n18339 said:
^ from the reply to the other dude it seems the copyright lawsuit was frivolous. meaning some dude was suing for no reason other than to troll. which i guess doesn't really serve a purpose in relation to the lorenzo thing then.

and im still not sure whats happening with the reddit thing hehe. theres no trace of them being sued for 100 mill. unless he misread that troll article and thought it was fact. unless someone else here has found something on google..

I actually looked also earlier today and found nothing. Maybe Kirik had his websites confused.