General DIY Attic Insulation

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I can fix this for you but you will have to pay me more than @miesha’s taint
It's been so long since I was up there, I can't remember if the boards were screwed or nailed down. If it's nails I'll give you a call.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Fuck pulling that shit up. Just lay the new insulation on top of it if they aren't going to use it.
They're also looking to move soon, but I'd feel guilty patching up a shit job with another shit job. If it were only the heat factor, I'd maybe go for it. But I don't want to play around with potential moisture issues.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It's been so long since I was up there, I can't remember if the boards were screwed or nailed down. If it's nails I'll give you a call.
Is it only 1 or 2 ceiling voids? If so I would just cut out the boards along the ceiling joists/trusses if you're not going to be replacing the floor, no need to reinstall. I imagine they wouldve used nails.
A good saw blade will go through nails fairly easily. As long as you go nice and slow you wont break the teeth. Make sure to wear eye protection.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Is it only 1 or 2 ceiling voids? If so I would just cut out the boards along the ceiling joists/trusses if you're not going to be replacing the floor, no need to reinstall. I imagine they wouldve used nails.
A good saw blade will go through nails fairly easily. As long as you go nice and slow you wont break the teeth. Make sure to wear eye protection.
You're saving my ass here bud. I appreciate the info.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
They're also looking to move soon, but I'd feel guilty patching up a shit job with another shit job. If it were only the heat factor, I'd maybe go for it. But I don't want to play around with potential moisture issues.
Putting insulation on top makes zero sense and will do fuck all.

M

member 3289

Yes sir. I'm in Orlando. He's in South Florida, which is why his opinion on all things Florida are skewed.
How bad does Orlando suck now that Disney World is closed?

It was pretty much the only thing the city had going beforehand