General DMX OVERDOSE.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Mr. Simmons sold millions of records and was the first musician whose first four albums debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard chart.

Motherfucker was getting paid in cash too. Diddnt have a bank account.

Reminds me of that one movie where he shows up with a bag full of money to buy a Lambo, like "is this enough? "

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I feel for his family and I enjoyed his music in his prime. RIP. That said, people need to take off the rose colored glasses and stop canonizing him. There will probably murals and vigils in his honor but he was no role model or saint. Here is a smattering of items on his rap sheet:
  • weapons charges
  • animal cruelty charges
  • multiple drug possession charges
  • assault (including against guards while imprisoned)
  • aggregated assault
  • criminal impersonation
  • criminal mischief
  • menacing
  • driving under the influence
  • violating parole
  • violating probation
  • theft
  • attempted carjacking
  • reckless driving
  • robbery
  • not paying child support
  • skipping court
  • tax evasion

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
I feel for his family and I enjoyed his music in his prime. RIP. That said, people need to take off the rose colored glasses and stop canonizing him. There will probably murals and vigils in his honor but he was no role model or saint. Here is a smattering of items on his rap sheet:
  • weapons charges
  • animal cruelty charges
  • multiple drug possession charges
  • assault (including against guards while imprisoned)
  • aggregated assault
  • criminal impersonation
  • criminal mischief
  • menacing
  • driving under the influence
  • violating parole
  • violating probation
  • theft
  • attempted carjacking
  • reckless driving
  • robbery
  • not paying child support
  • skipping court
  • tax evasion
Here is the thing...we all know he has had his issues in life - he told a story about how it all started ..said when he was 13 breaking into the music industry he was hanging in the studio with his mentor, someone he really looked up to....his mentor passes over a blunt that DMX smoked ...only later would he find out it was laced with crack...from that day he was hooked to crack.

DMX in an interview said ...why would someone you trust and look up to do something like that to a kid? ...I would never do that to my worst enemy.

And that's the point behind DMX and his battle to try and do good in the world but always resorted back to doing shitty things which he would always regret ..it was always a battle for him.

A battle he no longer has to fight here on Earth

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Here is the thing...we all know he has had his issues in life - he told a story about how it all started ..said when he was 13 breaking into the music industry he was hanging in the studio with his mentor, someone he really looked up to....his mentor passes over a blunt that DMX smoked ...only later would he find out it was laced with crack...from that day he was hooked to crack.

DMX in an interview said ...why would someone you trust and look up to do something like that to a kid? ...I would never do that to my worst enemy.

And that's the point behind DMX and his battle to try and do good in the world but always resorted back to doing shitty things which he would always regret ..it was always a battle for him.

A battle he no longer has to fight here on Earth
That is fair but at some point excuses need to give way to personal accountability. I really don’t mean to shit on him. I’m actually very nostalgic about his death.