*DO NOT STREAM ANY MORE UFC EVENTS*

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
"We got one. We're watching this guy right now. All you have to do is turn it on on Saturday, and we got you fucker."

So you set up a honeypot. After 10 years of illegal streams. lol

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Dana is posturing as if consequences will never be the same. Will you take the risk?

View: https://youtu.be/tPolTnb9AyU?t=345
he ws posturing against the people who are loading the streams, not people watching them (he mentioned that he's got his eye on one person in particular. although, that's probably a lie lol)

I'm not sure viewers can get in trouble since watching a live stream is different than downloading copyrighted materials

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
he ws posturing against the people who are loading the streams, not people watching them (he mentioned that he's got his eye on one person in particular. although, that's probably a lie lol)

I'm not sure viewers can get in trouble since watching a live stream is different than downloading copyrighted materials
I don't know. His language was pretty specific. All you have to do is turn it on, and Uncle Dana's got you by the balls.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Watching a stream is not illegal-

"Any discussion of the legality of streaming in the U.S. begins with the Copyright Act of 1976. This grants copyright holders “exclusive rights” to make copies of their work, distribute it and perform it publicly.

And watching a stream — even if it’s unauthorized by the copyright holder — doesn’t technically violate these rights. There have been numerous challenges and interpretations as copyright law has adapted to the internet, but this reading has essentially held true.

“I think the best interpretation of copyright law is that it’s not illegal to watch unlicensed content,” Gibson said. “The person who’s merely watching a stream should incur no copyright liability from that act alone.”

Peer-to-peer streaming
There is one type of unauthorized streaming that could get you into trouble: Peer-to-peer streaming services like BitTorrent Live. Like torrents, these services rely on users to share the content. If you’re a viewer, you’re also a broadcaster, which does violate copyright law.

“If I access that stream via a peer-to-peer streaming service that I know is not legal because I’m uploading unauthorized content in order to access other unauthorized copies, then yes, I can get in trouble for participating in streaming in that way,” Joy Butler, attorney and author of The Permission Seeker’s Guide Through the Legal Jungle, told us.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Watching a stream is not illegal-

"Any discussion of the legality of streaming in the U.S. begins with the Copyright Act of 1976. This grants copyright holders “exclusive rights” to make copies of their work, distribute it and perform it publicly.

And watching a stream — even if it’s unauthorized by the copyright holder — doesn’t technically violate these rights. There have been numerous challenges and interpretations as copyright law has adapted to the internet, but this reading has essentially held true.

“I think the best interpretation of copyright law is that it’s not illegal to watch unlicensed content,” Gibson said. “The person who’s merely watching a stream should incur no copyright liability from that act alone.”

Peer-to-peer streaming
There is one type of unauthorized streaming that could get you into trouble: Peer-to-peer streaming services like BitTorrent Live. Like torrents, these services rely on users to share the content. If you’re a viewer, you’re also a broadcaster, which does violate copyright law.

“If I access that stream via a peer-to-peer streaming service that I know is not legal because I’m uploading unauthorized content in order to access other unauthorized copies, then yes, I can get in trouble for participating in streaming in that way,” Joy Butler, attorney and author of The Permission Seeker’s Guide Through the Legal Jungle, told us.
You may be right. But Dana seems awfully confident. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a law firm on standby ready to send out cease and desist letters.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
If privately streaming actually did become illegal and easily caught, i would just stop watching their shit product all together.
With the amount of shit fights, commercials, and hype vids in the middle of events, most aren't even enjoyable.
The only thing that makes them fun is chatting fight nights with you fine people most of the time.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Funny thing is, because of how good they are at shutting down streams during Conor fights I was actually thinking about paying for this event. Then Dana goes and does this and basically puts a gun to my head insisting that I steal it.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Funny thing is, because of how good they are at shutting down streams during Conor fights I was actually thinking about paying for this event. Then Dana goes and does this and basically puts a gun to my head insisting that I steal it.
I've been paying and splitting the bill with neighbors for the past couple years. Chasing streams is no fun when you're trying to play host.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I've been paying and splitting the bill with neighbors for the past couple years. Chasing streams is no fun when you're trying to play host.
Every big fight lags anymore it seems and I hate being that guy that can't get a steady stream.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
From the interview I saw he has his eyes on one main uploader.
Wire tap and surveillance or some shit lol
It is in an interview with some dude in an all window room

He is basically daring that guy to do what he does.
Wants to make an example of him

Also this threat alone will earn a few thousand PPV buys at the least...It is good for sales to threaten those on the fence

Here is the interview I am talking about

View: https://streamable.com/2vmedb

Last edited:

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
If push comes to shove....you can watch the fights the next day.I`m going to take a chance on this one to see what happens.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

Also this threat alone will earn a few thousand PPV buys at the least...It is good for sales to threaten those on the fence

I think he's bluffing. there is no guy

it's a good bluff tho

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

lol @ streamers stealing information being a concern of Dana's. We all know this is about his precious driveway snow money.

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
dumbass has no idea who he is dealing with. My ip address will show up as someone from eastern europe so he will think its some american using vpn. Even though I dont care we get it for free on nova sport (czech channel) and I still dont watch it. Mma died for me years ago the moment brock lesnar retired

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
dumbass has no idea who he is dealing with. My ip address will show up as someone from eastern europe so he will think its some american using vpn. Even though I dont care we get it for free on nova sport (czech channel) and I still dont watch it. Mma died for me years ago the moment brock lesnar retired
Problem really is the time difference as well.
I have dazn and they got UFC included here so no problem there, but due to the time I won't watch it live unless I get a coincidental night of insomnia.

I wouldn't pay a penny extra for it either tho and watch it illegaly or some recaps if it wasn't on dazn.

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
Problem really is the time difference as well.
I have dazn and they got UFC included here so no problem there, but due to the time I won't watch it live unless I get a coincidental night of insomnia.

I wouldn't pay a penny extra for it either tho and watch it illegaly or some recaps if it wasn't on dazn.
yep, the fact that the fights start around 02:00-04:00 is not an issue for me since I sleep maybe two hours a week combined. The problem is that even if I wanted to watch it, the only tv that has that channel is in my aunts room, so it would bother her even with the sound turned off

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I don’t know. This van has been outside my house for days. I have a bad feeling I could be the one he has his eye on.
D3F36FD3-C188-4DC2-A656-B42AC0614283.jpeg

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
If I have people over I could face a $10k fine right now. Come to think of it, Dana has reaped a lot of rewards from covid...