General Do you believe this? (Re: Netflix)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Venum Shill

https://www.venum.com/
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
A majority of shows produced by Netflix are hot garbage. It doesn't surprise me that shelling out millions and not getting more subscriptions is a bad business model.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
A majority of shows produced by Netflix are hot garbage. It doesn't surprise me that shelling out millions and not getting more subscriptions is a bad business model.
Very true. They need to up their game big time on quality original content. So much of it is so bad.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Thoughts?
I try to give a lot of new stuff a chance to broaden my horizons. Maybe 1 out of 10 Netflix shows/ movies is worth watching and the vast majority either isn't theirs they just distribute for North America (Black Mirror) or they aren't the original concept creators (Longmire, Meateater, etc.)

Might not be in 175 days, but I could certainly see Disney crippling them.

on a related note, people forget that Blockbuster was very, very close to bankrupting Netflix not that many years ago.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I try to give a lot of new stuff a chance to broaden my horizons. Maybe 1 out of 10 Netflix shows/ movies is worth watching and the vast majority either isn't theirs they just distribute for North America (Black Mirror) or they aren't the original concept creators (Longmire, Meateater, etc.)

Might not be in 175 days, but I could certainly see Disney crippling them.

on a related note, people forget that Blockbuster was very, very close to bankrupting Netflix not that many years ago.
I could see them crippling them as well. Deep pockets and a ton of content.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I like Neflix. I can only speak for me but I hate comic book superhero kaka. I looked at the Disney content and there isn’t one, not one thing on that list I watch. How many more like me are there? The market will decide.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I skimmed most of it. Did I miss something?
Sort of. The article is extrapolating on what the market has already decided. The market has decided that Disney's film content crushes everyone else. Netflix will be losing all of it when Disney+ opens up shop. At least that's the implication.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
I like Neflix. I can only speak for me but I hate comic book superhero kaka. I looked at the Disney content and there isn’t one, not one thing on that list I watch. How many more like me are there? The market will decide.
Im not a big fan of superhero movies...so unless Dysney starts making adult movies other than their typical commercial baby food, I think many people wont watch...

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Sort of. The article is extrapolating on what the market has already decided. The market has decided that Disney's film content crushes everyone else. Netflix will be losing all of it when Disney+ opens up shop. At least that's the implication.
I read that part. Not sure I believe Disney is going to take that many people away. Like I stated the market will decide. I’m not a Disney watcher and I would have to imagine there are others out there like me not into the comic book superhero genre. If Netflix folds there is Hulu and Amazon. I also torrent a ton of content so I really don’t care either way. Netflix is interesting because I can watch things I wouldn’t know existed. I also agree it’s hit or miss. I tend to like their foreign offerings.

Once the UFC took their prelims off of Fightpass I cancelled. I didn’t join + because fuck ESPN. I just stream and or torrent the fights now. I can do the same for any show. Not sure why I still pay for cable.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not much I would watch of Disney's either. Just saying, Netflix does need to up their game. Need more content like Ozarks.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Haven't read the article yet...

Who owns shows like Criminal Minds, Blacklist, etc?

When the standard shows like that and the Breaking Bads and things like The Office are gone, that's going to be when Netflix crashes and burns.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Netflix is interesting because I can watch things I wouldn’t know existed. I also agree it’s hit or miss.
^^^ That is really Netflix's niche. Many of their documentaries are really good. Now they need to get 3-4 more series like Ozarks produced.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
^^^ That is really Netflix's niche. Many of their documentaries are really good. Now they need to get 3-4 more series like Ozarks produced.
They have a lot of good foreign content. Dark I think that's the name is really good.