General Do you know someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Do you know anyone who has/had Coronavirus?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure/maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That's great for your dad. I hope that's the end of it for him.

However, I'd not forgive myself if I didn't warn you that we have seen many people at a later date take a turn for the worse. We've heard "well I tested positive 3 weeks ago but I got over it. Now I feel like I can't catch my breath (or take a deep breath, chest pain)" so many times that now a red flag goes up. You better find them a bed in the back. That has potential to be your worst cases. (Effects blood clotting, could be a blood clot in the lungs, etc).

I pray that doesn't happen for your dad but please mark on your calendar to check on him daily for a few days at the 3 week mark and tell him not to ignore symptoms because he handled it so well in the beginning.

Same for you. Take care. Sending good vibes your way.
FYI He was never in a bed...he just slept longer than his normal 8 hours.
He still hiked 3-5 miles each day, just felt more tired than usual.
He is a lifelong workaholic and puts in hard labor and exercise for most of each day until he crashes and falls asleep.

Not discounting that people can get sick after thinking they are recovered.

He is a healthy 70 year old former doctor so he is likely checking himself better than I could ever do...He is still razor sharp mentally.
I do call him every two days to check in on him anyways.

Have a nice day sir.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Wife's cousin out in Arkansas has it. They had a big Thanksgiving too, so I'm sure there will be more.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
A dude from work tested positive. Mild case. He said it just zapped his energy. He's back to work now.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
A few in my circle of acquaintances. Most have recovered fine, one was hospitalised and very nearly died (a man in his 40s, no serious medical conditions previously).