Do you take others' abuse personally?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Socrates

Oct 30, 2016
If you see Person A being abusive to Person B, could you be friendly with Person A or does your witnessing their abuse taint your image of them?

I've always found this interesting. Are people still nice to bullies like A because they are worried that they'll become the next target if they stand up to them? Does it signal the person feels A was justified somehow?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If I see someone treating another person like shit, that doesn't deserve it, it's a serious turn off to me. I hate bullies...online or in real life, and have always felt somewhat obligated to defend someone being picked on.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
If I see someone treating another person like shit, that doesn't deserve it, it's a serious turn off to me. I hate bullies...online or in real life, and have always felt somewhat obligated to defend someone being picked on.
Gimme your lunch money meanie

Socrates

Oct 30, 2016
Yeah, I have seen people like us who are compelled to stand up to bullies. THN is one. We are few and far between, as the bystander effect is a motherfucker.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah, I have seen people like us who are compelled to stand up to bullies. THN is one. We are few and far between, as the bystander effect is a motherfucker.
How'd you figure he's a bully? Seems a bit brash but overall a friendly chap imo.

Socrates

Oct 30, 2016
Sorry for being unclear. THN is the type that's compelled to stand up to bullies; I wasn't saying he's a bully.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
"The standards you walk past are the standards you accept"

Iv e drilled that into my kids heads since they were old enough to understand, Ive told them if they stand by and watch someone get bullied and dont step in they can forget about me or anyone else standing up for them.

last year my son won the grade citizenship award for his anti bully stance.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Sure.
Sometimes I'd rather disarm them, most of the time.
Sometimes I lose my temper, sometimes. I'm sure I've been a bully at times, not inherently I hope.
All the scenarios you mentioned occur.
Unfortunately we're not always at our best, so when I see it, I'm only proud of myself when I give person A the benefit of the doubt.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I have intervened when I've seen it happening. Bystander effect is very real.

I simply break it up and tell people to go their separate ways because you don't know if the person did something to deserve it.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I have intervened when I've seen it happening. Bystander effect is very real.

I simply break it up and tell people to go their separate ways because you don't know if the person did something to deserve it.
This is my policy as a teacher, break it up. Then reset the fuckers outside or I call them chicken fucker the rest of the year.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I just watch and think "that bully is a fucking little cunty".

Then I go home and tell my wife how "I was about to beat the fuck out of this bully today, but I let him off the hook because I was in a rush to my appointment and didn't have time to teach him a lesson".

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I befriend the person getting picked on. I've always been like that.