Do you tip the car wash boy?

Discussion in 'The Off-topic Lounge' started by Greenbean, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Greenbean

Greenbean Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,520
    the kid that collects the money and sprays your car off before going through. I've been giving him a buck or two extra and tell him the change is his. Is this weird, or is this a thing? No ones explained car was etiquette to me.

2. Splinty

Splinty Shake 'em off
    Admin

Ratings:
    +60,080
    I only hand wash my cars.

If I was going to pay to go to a place like that I would not tip them.

Everybody thinks that deserve a tip these days just for doing their job. There is no variation in service and yet I am supposed to tip?

Unless you're earning the $2 an hour tippable wage of waiters, no tips for you.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Ricky Bobby

Ricky Bobby I apparently look like a Jewish accountant

Ratings:
    +47,652
    I would, but agree with that guy ^^^^ in a way, if someone expects a tip for doing nothing special or extraordinary then you can tuck it and run.

I would normally give one though.

Also, if you give me shitty service as a waiter or waitress and give me attitude, you ain't getting much......it's rare, but fuck off if you think you're getting a tip just because you show up to work and make my dinner experience horrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Greenbean

Ratings:
    +3,520
    I agree. If the waiter has a chip on their shoulder, they're getting a shit tip. But other than that, slow service on a busy day is understandable and will automatically get 20% for serving my food and attempting to be pleasent. I have a soft spot for waiters and service industry folk. I spent years do I that shit.

Also, delivery drivers. Tip them fat. Not because they're entitled, or whatever reason you can drum up. I tip them fat for me. They know my number and my house. If I want a pizza delivered during their rush. You'd better believe I'm getting bumped up to the top of their list. I have never gotten a cold pizza and my order is always right and fast as hell.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ConorMcGregorsBeard

ConorMcGregorsBeard The Face That Runs the Place

Ratings:
    +26,230
    I will tip anyone who gives me what I deem exceptional service. In the case of the car wash guy, if a buck here or there is likely to get you better service, why not? Spread the wealth.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BirdWatcher

BirdWatcher Fully charged
    Admin First 100

Ratings:
    +54,081
    I hate that tipping is expected regardless of the service. If I'm impressed I'll chip in to your retirement, if its business as usual then try harder next time or I'm sticking with the advertised price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Greenbean

Ratings:
    +3,520
    I get that. I do. But what's a $5er between us working class folk. That's me saying, you're young, you don't wanna be there, you'd rather be out chasing tail and smoking weed. I could give this money to charity that he ceo will take 4.50 of the rest make its way down to the cause. But I'm giving this to you because you're here.... Grinding. Putting up with people's shit and you're not automatically a dick to me for no reason. It's not much, but you weren't expecting it, so enjoy it and go home and fuck your bitch and stay grinding and know that there are decent people out there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. BirdWatcher

BirdWatcher Fully charged
    Admin First 100

Ratings:
    +54,081
    And I get all this. This scenario works for me as I don't think he'd expect shit so I'm happy to toss some his way if I feel so inclined. I don't ever go to a car wash with humans helping, I usually do my own or a robot touchless.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Outlaw Shit

Outlaw Shit No Comment
    First 100

Ratings:
    +34,983
    interesting thread

Draft saved Draft deleted