Do you tip the car wash boy?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
the kid that collects the money and sprays your car off before going through. I've been giving him a buck or two extra and tell him the change is his. Is this weird, or is this a thing? No ones explained car was etiquette to me.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I only hand wash my cars.

If I was going to pay to go to a place like that I would not tip them.

Everybody thinks that deserve a tip these days just for doing their job. There is no variation in service and yet I am supposed to tip?

Unless you're earning the $2 an hour tippable wage of waiters, no tips for you.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I would, but agree with that guy ^^^^ in a way, if someone expects a tip for doing nothing special or extraordinary then you can tuck it and run.

I would normally give one though.

Also, if you give me shitty service as a waiter or waitress and give me attitude, you ain't getting much......it's rare, but fuck off if you think you're getting a tip just because you show up to work and make my dinner experience horrible.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
I would, but agree with that guy ^^^^ in a way, if someone expects a tip for doing nothing special or extraordinary then you can tuck it and run.

I would normally give one though.

Also, if you give me shitty service as a waiter or waitress and give me attitude, you ain't getting much......it's rare, but fuck off if you think you're getting a tip just because you show up to work and make my dinner experience horrible.
I agree. If the waiter has a chip on their shoulder, they're getting a shit tip. But other than that, slow service on a busy day is understandable and will automatically get 20% for serving my food and attempting to be pleasent. I have a soft spot for waiters and service industry folk. I spent years do I that shit.

Also, delivery drivers. Tip them fat. Not because they're entitled, or whatever reason you can drum up. I tip them fat for me. They know my number and my house. If I want a pizza delivered during their rush. You'd better believe I'm getting bumped up to the top of their list. I have never gotten a cold pizza and my order is always right and fast as hell.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I will tip anyone who gives me what I deem exceptional service. In the case of the car wash guy, if a buck here or there is likely to get you better service, why not? Spread the wealth.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I hate that tipping is expected regardless of the service. If I'm impressed I'll chip in to your retirement, if its business as usual then try harder next time or I'm sticking with the advertised price.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
I hate that tipping is expected regardless of the service. If I'm impressed I'll chip in to your retirement, if its business as usual then try harder next time or I'm sticking with the advertised price.
I get that. I do. But what's a $5er between us working class folk. That's me saying, you're young, you don't wanna be there, you'd rather be out chasing tail and smoking weed. I could give this money to charity that he ceo will take 4.50 of the rest make its way down to the cause. But I'm giving this to you because you're here.... Grinding. Putting up with people's shit and you're not automatically a dick to me for no reason. It's not much, but you weren't expecting it, so enjoy it and go home and fuck your bitch and stay grinding and know that there are decent people out there.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I get that. I do. But what's a $5er between us working class folk. That's me saying, you're young, you don't wanna be there, you'd rather be out chasing tail and smoking weed. I could give this money to charity that he ceo will take 4.50 of the rest make its way down to the cause. But I'm giving this to you because you're here.... Grinding. Putting up with people's shit and you're not automatically a dick to me for no reason. It's not much, but you weren't expecting it, so enjoy it and go home and fuck your bitch and stay grinding and know that there are decent people out there.
And I get all this. This scenario works for me as I don't think he'd expect shit so I'm happy to toss some his way if I feel so inclined. I don't ever go to a car wash with humans helping, I usually do my own or a robot touchless.