does anyone else spend the day pumping themselves up to lift?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
Lifting after work today. I notice on days when I lift I spend the day convincing myself that I want to lift and its going to be awesome. Anyone else have to do this?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
No but I don't lift heavy enough to need motivating.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
I used to be like that then I started training muay thai instead of lifting. no need for that no more.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
I listen to podcasts when working out, so in a bizarre way i look forward to the podcast and the working out comes with it.

Anastasios

Feb 22, 2016
Nope, but I do find myself feeling very worried and with a racing heart just before heavy lifts. In striking I need some semi-hard punches before I "wake up" and am fully aware. So I arrive unpumped and slow and get woken up :p

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
What have you changed?
I stopped doing twice a day workouts. I was doing an hour of cardio in the morning 6 days a week. Then about 45-60 minutes of lifting weights 3 days a week in the evening or pull ups and chin ups the other 3 days.

I was told that I should not be doing all my lifts on the same day. That plus the fact that doing that much cardio when I am trying to gain weight is counter productive.

So now I do a 3 day rotation.

day one

deadlift, over head press, bent over rows, reverse curls, tricep extensions

day two

squats, bench press, pull ups, curls.

day three

cardio

then repeat.

Anastasios

Feb 22, 2016
I can't train in the morning. I can't get activated lol. You'd have to electrocute me.

I find it easy too when you split things up. I split them up much more than you do. This way I only have one goal that really matters, and that is the first set, first exercise of each session. Always hitting a PR. My split is as follows:

1: Overhead press, db side raise, cable cross rear delts, crunches
2: Db curl, BB curl, reverse curl, skullcrushers, pushdowns, db overhead tricep extensions, standing+seated calf raise
3: rest
4: EITHER deadlift, hamstring curl, hyperextensions OR squats, leg press, leg extensions
5: bb bench, db incline bench, cable cross, crunches
6: Chins, barbell rows (high volume on both exercises), standing+seated calf raise.
7: Repeat day one or rest.

I did first a pull/push split to get used to training since I had such a long layoff. Then push/pull/legs and now this. This is the easiest workout to handle. Only the first exercise is really tough since I aim for a PR. Then the rest is just auxiliary work until complete exhaustion, no performance increase expected.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
I can't train in the morning. I can't get activated lol. You'd have to electrocute me.

I find it easy too when you split things up. I split them up much more than you do. This way I only have one goal that really matters, and that is the first set, first exercise of each session. Always hitting a PR. My split is as follows:

1: Overhead press, db side raise, cable cross rear delts, crunches
2: Db curl, BB curl, reverse curl, skullcrushers, pushdowns, db overhead tricep extensions, standing+seated calf raise
3: rest
4: EITHER deadlift, hamstring curl, hyperextensions OR squats, leg press, leg extensions
5: bb bench, db incline bench, cable cross, crunches
6: Chins, barbell rows (high volume on both exercises), standing+seated calf raise.
7: Repeat day one or rest.

I did first a pull/push split to get used to training since I had such a long layoff. Then push/pull/legs and now this. This is the easiest workout to handle. Only the first exercise is really tough since I aim for a PR. Then the rest is just auxiliary work until complete exhaustion, no performance increase expected.
You should throw in some atlas stone work old buddy.

Anastasios

Feb 22, 2016
Just fine the usual. Now with a bracelet on my foot lol. But I train regularly now and going to do MMA once a week once this thingy is off my foot :D

Anastasios

Feb 22, 2016
well, doing things in line with every paragraph of the law can sometimes be difficult. But that is over now and in one month I'll take a vacation to Bangkok :)