General Does anyone here have (or is anyone looking to get) a 3D printer?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
The idea interests me. There's millions of free blueprints for all sorts of awesome things to print. But nobody I know has one, and I gather they're still in the "getting affordable, but still a pain in the ass to use" stage.

Anyone have one or work with them or use one regularly? There's a bunch of questions I would like to ask. ?

??

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
The idea interests me. There's millions of free blueprints for all sorts of awesome things to print. But nobody I know has one, and I gather they're still in the "getting affordable, but still a pain in the ass to use" stage.

Anyone have one or work with them or use one regularly? There's a bunch of questions I would like to ask. ?

??
are you too embarrassed to buy sex toys?

just buy the sex toys bro

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Yes, I bought one for my little boy last Christmas because I was curious about the technology. Just a small one for about £100 but it's good enough that I now understand them a lot better. I'm far from an expert though, I've just made a few objects with it. I did make a model toy that is two parts that fit together, completely from scratch with no guidance or templates, so I at least understand the basics of designing and making something to specification.

My son also likes it LOL

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Sorry I missed this thread. I've had a couple, don't have one right now (fuck Lulzbot). They're fun and useful, got one for my dad to keep his mind active in retirement. If I didn't know a dozen people with one, I'd get another.

John Lee Pettimore @John Lee Pettimore - did you get one?

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Yes, I bought one for my little boy last Christmas because I was curious about the technology. Just a small one for about £100 but it's good enough that I now understand them a lot better. I'm far from an expert though, I've just made a few objects with it. I did make a model toy that is two parts that fit together, completely from scratch with no guidance or templates, so I at least understand the basics of designing and making something to specification.

My son also likes it LOL
rofl