Society Does anyone still doubt man-made climate change?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

Being an activist pays pretty well...people use scare tactics especially these days with social media to explode that fear.

If the oceans are rising and are going to engulf the shorelines....why does a guy like David Suzuki own millions of dollars in ocean front property?
Suzuki is scum

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So you don’t think our emissions are exasperating this natural warming cycle? And you know we pump out a ton of methane too as part of our emissions of greenhouse gases? And you don’t think that responsibly cutting these emissions over time would make any difference?
I think, just like the whole recycling fiasco, the burden is placed on consumers instead of the actual source. Why arent they going after the manufacturers? Why are the likes of Nestle, coca cola etc allowed to mass produce plastic waste, or electronic companies allowed to mass produce electronics and accessories that have a short life span?

You get handed a blue bin recycling cart to make you feel good about doing your part. Load er up with clam shell packaging and plastic containers and give yourself a pat on the back. Nobody wants to know where the actual waste goes and nor do they care. They did their part and their hands are clean.

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I’m super smart ok, smarter than some guy in India!!!
I know this brother

finally found the clip in one of the other dozen climate change threads on this forum
in this particular thread I school some people and they choose not to respond after being enlightened
Society - Human civilization could collapse by 2050 due to climate change, Australian researchers say

Here is the clip...very educational and a good watch...all should watch it IMO
V.A. SHIVA @va_shiva
Appears the Tax is about harvesting money from our dumb asses and not saving the planet sadly

I don't like trump or the democraps FYI...not a political thing for me

V.A. SHIVA @va_shiva

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Being an activist pays pretty well...people use scare tactics especially these days with social media to explode that fear.

If the oceans are rising and are going to engulf the shorelines....why does a guy like David Suzuki own millions of dollars in ocean front property?
Oh yeah, the real money is in activism. Those fossil fuel shills are broke ass mofos, where are they even getting their money from? It is a mystery.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Oh yeah, the real money is in activism. Those fossil fuel shills are broke ass mofos, where are they even getting their money from? It is a mystery.
And the biggest source of funding for the activists fighting the big bad Canadian Oilsands companies? The Rockefeller brothers. #Shocking

M

member 1013

I think, just like the whole recycling fiasco, the burden is placed on consumers instead of the actual source. Why arent they going after the manufacturers? Why are the likes of Nestle, coca cola etc allowed to mass produce plastic waste, or electronic companies allowed to mass produce electronics and accessories that have a short life span?

You get handed a blue bin recycling cart to make you feel good about doing your part. Load er up with clam shell packaging and plastic containers and give yourself a pat on the back. Nobody wants to know where the actual waste goes and nor do they care. They did their part and their hands are clean.
The company GFL does most of the contracted waste removal around me. They are owned by the mob. If you go to one of their transfer stations they just smash everything into the same compactor/truck with a front end loader and ship to to Michigan.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
In fairness, we (mankind) took measures to address this and it's working.
I hope that hole wasn't supposed to be there to allow extra CO2 in the atmosphere to be released.

Btw, do you know what measures we took? I could be wrong but my understanding is that we switched to something that may turn out to be just as dangerous but effects the atmosphere closer to us.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I don't doubt we are contributing to changes. But the highest reported carbon levels (4000ppm, we are at 412ppm now) were before humans we here. I wonder what caused that.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The company GFL does most of the contracted waste removal around me. They are owned by the mob. If you go to one of their transfer stations they just smash everything into the same compactor/truck with a front end loader and ship to to Michigan.
Shipped out, dumped in a landfill or incinerated. Very little of it gets recycled.

M

member 1013

GFL Is huge. They do most of the new development construction waste and most industrial plus condo waste here in calgary
I meant around me you butthead. I’ve watched their meteoric rise from mob start up to nation wide laundering machine