Society Does anyone still doubt man-made climate change?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I hope that hole wasn't supposed to be there to allow extra CO2 in the atmosphere to be released.

Btw, do you know what measures we took? I could be wrong but my understanding is that we switched to something that may turn out to be just as dangerous but effects the atmosphere closer to us.
Yes, the Montreal Protocol lays it out.

Montreal Protocol - Wikipedia

I don't doubt we are contributing to changes. But the highest reported carbon levels (4000ppm, we are at 412ppm now) were before humans we here. I wonder what caused that.
Earth's atmosphere was originally high in CO2. Volcanic activity spewed more into the atmosphere. Lots of changes to the earth have had dramatic effects on carbon levels:

* The Cambrian Explosion 541 million years ago, where most life before was single celled and suddenly a load of animals appeared and raised CO2 levels significantly.
* The evolution of trees, around 400 million years ago. As you know, trees reduce CO2.

M

member 1013

Yes, the Montreal Protocol lays it out.

Montreal Protocol - Wikipedia

Earth's atmosphere was originally high in CO2. Volcanic activity spewed more into the atmosphere. Lots of changes to the earth have had dramatic effects on car on levels:

* The Cambrian Explosion 541 million years ago, where most life before was single celled and suddenly a load of animals appeared and raised CO2 levels significantly.
* The evolution of trees, around 400 million years ago. As you know, trees reduce CO2.
I heard if you vaccinate a tree it gets autism ?!

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I didn't read this thread but I am gonna go ahead and assume that TMMAC has solved the climate issues. Another easy win for the greatest community ever..

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I didn't read this thread but I am gonna go ahead and assume that TMMAC has solved the climate issues. Another easy win for the greatest community ever..
i'd sit her on my lap and teach her all about the Montreal Protocol.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
That depends on who you ask. Yes, I'm serious. The CBC (government owned news network) was publishing stories this year about that being a myth.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Climate change is fake-and-gay. First it was "Global Cooling" then when that turned out to be a nothing burger it switched to "Global Warming" and since that wasn't working it's now currently "Climate Change". Can't wait for the next term to be announced...

M

member 3289

Everyone knows that, but that doesn't mean you should conflate weather and climate to grand stand. The biggest problem facing the climate change movement is that people continually misrepresent what's actually going on.
Ok boomer

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
I think, just like the whole recycling fiasco, the burden is placed on consumers instead of the actual source. Why arent they going after the manufacturers? Why are the likes of Nestle, coca cola etc allowed to mass produce plastic waste, or electronic companies allowed to mass produce electronics and accessories that have a short life span?

You get handed a blue bin recycling cart to make you feel good about doing your part. Load er up with clam shell packaging and plastic containers and give yourself a pat on the back. Nobody wants to know where the actual waste goes and nor do they care. They did their part and their hands are clean.
What's the point with this story though? People shouldn't do anything because manufacturers aren't doing their part?