does anyone still read Spawn?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

B17

Mar 15, 2015
I used to as a kid, still kick myself for losing all those early issues.

Picked up Resurrection, 251, and 252 yesterday, figured I would get back into it.

Is it worth it?

Kind of bummed to find that Todd basically stopped working on the book around issue 70.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
No but shit was amazing, cartoon was ill as fuck, movie sucked but still cool lol

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
i loved the hbo spawn series, but i wasn't aloud to have violent comics when i was young, so that's the first look i really got at spawn.

B17

Mar 15, 2015
No but shit was amazing, cartoon was ill as fuck, movie sucked but still cool lol
You know, for some damn reason, I never saw the cartoon. I am corrected my error now. On episode four of the first season now. Yeah, its ill as fuck.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
You know, for some damn reason, I never saw the cartoon. I am corrected my error now. On episode four of the first season now. Yeah, its ill as fuck.
Spawn would fuck up a lot of superheroes lol

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Spawn would fuck up a lot of superheroes lol
He was in Wizard's top ten and for good reason.

First Spawn comic I read was the Batman crossover - Image one was great, DC one was dog poo

Last edited:

B17

Mar 15, 2015
Its really too bad McFarlane stopped being the artist. He seems like comics and art are secondary to the money he could make off of licensing, etc. He ran it just like Marvel.

I am enjoying the 250+ books so far. Art is decent and its a fun read.

B17

Mar 15, 2015
So I am also reading from #1 on. I am on #7 now. This may be an unpopular opinion but McFarlane and his art are basically a slightly more refined Liefeld. He avoids feet, has Spawn holding his cape in nearly all panels, has poor anatomy, faces at different angles look like different characters entirely.....there are a lot of similarities. The chains and cape are always in some insane dynamic flow even when Spawn is just standing there.... But I am also one who grew up on Liefeld and liked him, still do really.

Anyhow. Its a great comic. I love it. But seeing it now made me think of how much McFarlane and Liefeld are similar in their art.