Does RYAN HALL Have the Same Success with SOCCER KICKS???

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ryan Just as Good Under PRIDE Rules?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Does RYAN HALL Have the Same Success in a fighting league that allows Soccer Kicks and Stomps?

What say YOU......?

View: https://youtu.be/MS-0CX069_c
Ryan is a killer. Before he went on tuf a co-worker who trained with him in SD told me he would win. There were lots of black belts at that gym..he said Ryan was a different animal when it came to grappling.

Dude should be champ but no fucker will fight him

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Ryan is a killer. Before he went on tuf a co-worker who trained with him in SD told me he would win. There were lots of black belts at that gym..he said Ryan was a different animal when it came to grappling.

Dude should be champ but no fucker will fight him
You don’t know anyone, nor did you ever

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Btw: I am a big Ryan Hall fan.

Now stay on topic fuckers....

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Obviously his strategy would be very different in a Pride type setting, but Aoki was able to make a similar style work for the most part in Dream under Pride adjacent rules. Imanari also did okay. Allan Goes was able to defend well against Sakuraba but Sak figured it out after that and deployed leaps and diving punches against Vitor and the Gracies. Soccer kicks aren't the guard pullers kryptonite, but they do make it a much more dangerous game. Ryan's wrestling isn't bad, but he just moved away from using it a long time ago because he's so dangerous off his back and can be within the ruleset.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Soccer kicks are only a threat when there is space. Ryan isn’t a butt scooter; he drops straight into his attack. He is already pretty judicious in his selections but that would need to be even tighter under Pride rules. I think he has the discipline that they wouldn’t put him at any greater disadvantage.

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Soccer kicks are only a threat when there is space. Ryan isn’t a butt scooter; he drops straight into his attack. He is already pretty judicious in his selections but that would need to be even tighter under Pride rules. I think he has the discipline that they wouldn’t put him at any greater disadvantage.
You don't need space for a stomp and I would even argue that you need much for a soccer kick. If you kick with your back leg, that foot-and-a-half can make someone's night very unpleasant...

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
You don't need space for a stomp and I would even argue that you need much for a soccer kick. If you kick with your back leg, that foot-and-a-half can make someone's night very unpleasant...
Yeah I don’t disagree with anything you said. My point is that Hall’s leg game is so tight that if he gets a grip, there won’t be the space needed for an effective soccer kick (or stomp) before he has tore the ligaments apart in their other knee. The risk is certainly there, I just don’t think the degree of severity would monumentally shift Hall’s game plan or effectiveness.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
No idea, but maybe so at least a good bit of the time. I don’t think soccer kicks would completely neutralize his attacks, but it only takes one sometimes...

all I know is I don’t want him anywhere near my legs. I like my knees and ankles the way they are

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
What do you think happens when Ryan Hall is on one leg and you pick the other one up?

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Even more so, because ppl would try stomping him and end up with their leg in a ? trap

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yeah I don’t disagree with anything you said. My point is that Hall’s leg game is so tight that if he gets a grip, there won’t be the space needed for an effective soccer kick (or stomp) before he has tore the ligaments apart in their other knee. The risk is certainly there, I just don’t think the degree of severity would monumentally shift Hall’s game plan or effectiveness.
Ah ha...

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What do you think happens when Ryan Hall is on one leg and you pick the other one up?
All kidding aside, as he rolls in under Commission rules there is literally nothing but running away as a good option. Staying and trying to punch him is what he wants. He comes rolling in under PRIDE rules he will be met with soccer kicks and stomps...

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
All kidding aside, as he rolls in under Commission rules there is literally nothing but running away as a good option. Staying and trying to punch him is what he wants. He comes rolling in under PRIDE rules he will be met with soccer kicks and stomps...
good point. probably why there were no leglocks under PRIDE rules.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
"I could stop Brock's double leg with a knee"
-this thread, basically.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
have you actually tried this?