General Does this happen in other states or just around here?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
PG&E are so dreadful, their website keeps crashing so people can't even check if they're going to be affected.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Test run to see how the people will react in the event of a Blackout.

Nationwide blackout for months would cripple society - but it’s going to happen - after mass suffering “they” come back to turn the power on and they will be greeted as saviors to those who survived.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Carrington Event ^^^

Solar storm of 1859

"On September 1–2, 1859, one of the largest recorded geomagnetic storms (as recorded by ground-based magnetometers) occurred. Auroras were seen around the world, those in the northern hemisphere as far south as the Caribbean; those over the Rocky Mountainsin the U.S. were so bright that the glow woke gold miners, who began preparing breakfast because they thought it was morning.[7] People in the northeastern United States could read a newspaper by the aurora's light.[13] The aurora was visible from the poles to low latitude areas such as south-central Mexico,[14][15] Queensland, Cuba, Hawaii,[16] southern Japan and China,[17] and even at lower latitudes very close to the equator, such as in Colombia.[18] Estimates of the storm strength range from −800 nT to −1750 nT.[19]

Telegraph systems all over Europe and North America failed, in some cases giving telegraph operators electric shocks.[20] Telegraph pylons threw sparks.[21] Some telegraph operators could continue to send and receive messages despite having disconnected their power supplies.[22]"

Grid could be fried by another Carrington Event...electrical devices would be useless

Last edited:

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
PG&E to proactively shut off power to nearly 800K California customers

tang @tang if you haven't checked we're going to be fine in WG but this is bloody ridiculous. Schools, grocery stores, some medical facilities are going to be without power for gosh knows how long. Even traffic lights are expected to go as well as a lot of public transport.
thanks for the info. I've been getting some mail about that. I also remember some law-suit PGnE was facing, did you hear anything about that?

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Test run to see how the people will react in the event of a Blackout.

Nationwide blackout for months would cripple society - but it’s going to happen - after mass suffering “they” come back to turn the power on and they will be greeted as saviors to those who survived.
How have you prepared?

I have to politely say upfront that I personally don't believe in the conspiracy. But a power breakdown could happen in my lifetime due to whatever reason.
I've gotten a thing that is a flashlight+radio that you can power either by sunlight or manually with some lever that you can turn by hand. here in Germany, the state would broadcast emergency information via radio.
I've also got candles. and from hiking I've got a water filter and a camping gas cooker.

Realistically, I've been thinking about storing like 20l of water in my basement + some food for myself. and I should buy more propane gas for the cooker. and if there's no breakdown, no problrm, I just consume the stuff before I move.

But, what I've been thinking, and here's where I'm curious about your input also Enock-O-Lypse Now! @ENOCK , what about storing stuff for helping people or for trading in case ca a power breakdown?

I think you could make a killing if you can trade lighters, candles, cooking oil, liqueor or Instant Coffee. Or water purifying tablets. Lol or a solar USB charger will probably trade for a Porsche :D
a paper map of the region that you live in I assume would also be valuable if there's no google maps.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
How have you prepared?

I have to politely say upfront that I personally don't believe in the conspiracy. But a power breakdown could happen in my lifetime due to whatever reason.
I've gotten a thing that is a flashlight+radio that you can power either by sunlight or manually with some lever that you can turn by hand. here in Germany, the state would broadcast emergency information via radio.
I've also got candles. and from hiking I've got a water filter and a camping gas cooker.

Realistically, I've been thinking about storing like 20l of water in my basement + some food for myself. and I should buy more propane gas for the cooker. and if there's no breakdown, no problrm, I just consume the stuff before I move.

But, what I've been thinking, and here's where I'm curious about your input also Enock-O-Lypse Now! @ENOCK , what about storing stuff for helping people or for trading in case ca a power breakdown?

I think you could make a killing if you can trade lighters, candles, cooking oil, liqueor or Instant Coffee. Or water purifying tablets. Lol or a solar USB charger will probably trade for a Porsche :D
a paper map of the region that you live in I assume would also be valuable if there's no google maps.
I like this post so long @DER HÖRNCHENMEISTER, I’m on way to hike the mountains but when I return tonight I’ll come back here to give a more extensive post on prepping.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Last year the power company got blamed for the fires. They were sued.

"Oh, it's going to be windy? Sorry - We need to shut off the grid."

And all those lines will need to be checked before they power back up after the wind dies down. That's gonna take some time.

Living in a sue-happy nancy state has its drawbacks.

M

member 3289

They're gonna have to put all the powerlines underground eventually. It'll cost an arm and a leg but it'll be worth it when you don't have entire towns turning into scorched earth.

Florida Power & Light wants to do the same with the powerlines here, for a different reason (blackouts caused by hurricanes).

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
thanks for the info. I've been getting some mail about that. I also remember some law-suit PGnE was facing, did you hear anything about that?
They got sued when some chap died, and I think are still being sued because of the wildfires 2 years back.
They can’t keep doing it every time it gets a bit windy with low humidity. It’s California, low humidity is one of the reasons I moved here.

There were fights breaking out in the queues for gas in East San Jose last night.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
They can’t keep doing it every time it gets a bit windy with low humidity.
To guard against liability and the risk of lawsuits, they don't have much of a choice.

If a judge ruled them responsible for the previous fire, that means they have to guard against the same thing happening again.

It should have been labeled as an "act of god", or whatever the law calls it. No different than a tree falling on a wire, which they wouldn't be responsible for (other than responding quickly and fixing). But a judge found them responsible, so now the company has to protect themselves against wires failing because of high winds. The only way to do that is to shut off the power.

nancy state 101

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
How have you prepared?

I have liquor and cigarettes stored to trade. Only problem I see with that is finding a place away from your stash to do the trading. Probably the safest thing to do would be disappear as much as possible because people will be desperate

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
It happens when there is a risk of burning down California due to the last major fire that occurred due to sparks (can’t get all and repair all in time) and dry land

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
To guard against liability and the risk of lawsuits, they don't have much of a choice.

If a judge ruled them responsible for the previous fire, that means they have to guard against the same thing happening again.

It should have been labeled as an "act of god", or whatever the law calls it. No different than a tree falling on a wire, which they wouldn't be responsible for (other than responding quickly and fixing). But a judge found them responsible, so now the company has to protect themselves against wires failing because of high winds. The only way to do that is to shut off the power.

nancy state 101
Something makes me think that the power lines were faulty/too old etc hence being found guilty.
I actually thought they’d gone under as a result of it...not sure what happened there.

Everywhere I need to be in the next few days is okay but it’s going to be a massive pain in the ass for a lot of people

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
It happens when there is a risk of burning down California due to the last major fire that occurred due to sparks (can’t get all and repair all in time) and dry land
Because electric and wind were invented in 2017.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'd set up wind meters and if a gust got over 50 mph it shuts the local power off for 15 minutes. Like a lightning delay on a golf course, only this would be for a state full of lawyers and pussies.

Gotta keep everyone safe!

;)

M

member 3289

I can't stop laughing at the thought of this retard stumbling around when she gets up in the middle of the night to piss lololol

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
It's going up to 72 today in San Fran.

Half the state will be bitching about not having any heat.
The other half will bitch about not having any AC.

At least they don't have to worry about straws. They handled that huge problem with a quickness.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
It's going up to 72 today in San Fran.

Half the state will be bitching about not having any heat.
The other half will bitch about not having any AC.

At least they don't have to worry about straws. They handled that huge problem with a quickness.
Lol, you don’t need air con a 72!