VID Domestic Violence in MMA, HBO Real Sports [Full Video]

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
What you mean these impulsive wild men are dangerous to be around? Good work HBO I'm sure this smear doc has nothing to do with your massive investment in boxing.

Thanks Splinty that's my evening watch sorted...

P

Punch

What you mean these impulsive wild men are dangerous to be around? Good work HBO I'm sure this smear doc has nothing to do with your massive investment in boxing.

Good point homie. Violent people in the cage/ring/mat can be very prone to violence outside of it regardless of the sport, be it boxing, bjj, muay thai, or mma.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015

Lets not act like it isn't a problem. Domestic violence by anyone is too much domestic violence. Hopefully with the increased spotlight it is being put under recently, MMA promotions will adopt a uniform policy for dealing with transgressors, and not allow them to slide by if it means a few extra dollars.

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Watch it then make a judgement? Thought I can't deny your interesting highlighting of a conflict of interest.

One point they mention is that War Machine was hired by Bellator while he was serving time for assault. So is there some level of complicity by the orgs that will give a contract to someone who is actually in jail for using their training outside the cage?

The defined limits of the gym and the cage what stop detractors from claiming this is just human cockfighting. The difference between the sweet science and a street fight are rules and respect. The orgs shouldn't be promoting violent criminals because they want to exploit their uncontrolled violence.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Lets not act like it isn't a problem. Domestic violence by anyone is too much domestic violence. Hopefully with the increased spotlight it is being put under recently, the UFC will adopt a uniform policy for dealing with transgressors, and not allow them to slide by if it means a few extra dollars.
I'm not nor would I ever say it isn't a problem, but it's not just an MMA problem. I'm positive the numbers in boxing are comparable yet HBO have chosen to do an MMA doc, why? It's my nature to question moneys actions.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I'm not nor would I ever say it isn't a problem, but it's not just an MMA problem. I'm positive the numbers in boxing are comparable yet HBO have chosen to do an MMA doc, why? It's my nature to question moneys actions.
It's a valid point, but this is part of a series from my understanding. They have done one on the NFL from my understanding. Even if it is from a source with ulterior motives, there are some valid points made about MMA and we should recognize that.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Watch it then make a judgement? Thought I can't deny your interesting highlighting of a conflict of interest.

One point they mention is that War Machine was hired by Bellator while he was serving time for assault. So is there some level of complicity by the orgs that will give a contract to someone who is actually in jail for using their training outside the cage?

The defined limits of the gym and the cage what stop detractors from claiming this is just human cockfighting. The difference between the sweet science and a street fight are rules and respect. The orgs shouldn't be promoting violent criminals because they want to exploit their uncontrolled violence.
A agree whole heartedly. I didn't question the content, I questioned the motivation and I'm right.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Lets not act like it isn't a problem. Domestic violence by anyone is too much domestic violence. Hopefully with the increased spotlight it is being put under recently, MMA promotions will adopt a uniform policy for dealing with transgressors, and not allow them to slide by if it means a few extra dollars.
Hopefully they sack for life with no chance of reprieve anyone who hits anyone outside of the cage or gym, the sport is violent enough without external savagery tainting it. Zero Fucking Tolerance is the only option here

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
It's a valid point, but this is part of a series from my understanding. They have done one on the NFL from my understanding. Even if it is from a source with ulterior motives, there are some valid points made about MMA and we should recognize that.
Of course.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
WOW so dana says no fighter will bounce back, yet he hires 2 fighters that have convictions....fucking sad!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
WOW so dana says no fighter will bounce back, yet he hires 2 fighters that have convictions....fucking sad!
Yeah that kind of made me go, "well fuck..." HBO might have nefarious positions or not. But that's a bad move. You can't take responsibility for every individual but you don't hire some guys in with that kind of cloud on them.

Do what you say, say what you do.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
ive been trying to watch this since it first aired but it is blocked content in canada still

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
nope.ive tried to watch it as embedded from plenty of sites.its because of hbo canada probably hasnt aired it yet
either that or they have been bought off by the UFC.... damn it !!!! lol yea im sure thats it.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
nope.ive tried to watch it as embedded from plenty of sites.its because of hbo canada probably hasnt aired it yet
download this Unlimited Free VPN - Hola - Chrome Web Store they have one for every browser. It should appear on your browser bar, you can choose where you want to browse from it's like an uber proxy. you can even watch netflix etc. Thats how i get around all those blocked videos.