VID Domestic Violence in MMA, HBO Real Sports [Full Video]

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
This reminds me of this article on the atlantic stating that domestic abuse in police families is 2-4 times higher than the NFL. So i guess that near MMA levels?

Police Have a Much Bigger Domestic-Abuse Problem Than the NFL Does - The Atlantic

Police Have a Much Bigger Domestic-Abuse Problem Than the NFL Does

Research suggests that family violence is two to four times higher in the law-enforcement community than in the general population. So where's the public outrage?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This reminds me of this article on the atlantic stating that domestic abuse in police families is 2-4 times higher than the NFL. So i guess that near MMA levels?

Police Have a Much Bigger Domestic-Abuse Problem Than the NFL Does - The Atlantic

Police Have a Much Bigger Domestic-Abuse Problem Than the NFL Does

Research suggests that family violence is two to four times higher in the law-enforcement community than in the general population. So where's the public outrage?
"Fireman cheat, Policeman beat" right?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
That was an excellent and much needed segment for our sport. I want to comment more on it, but am not able to at present, but will return hopefully in a couple days to talk more.

For those who might instantly feel a bit defensive on behalf of our sport, please take the time to watch the segment carefully. It's very professionally handled and something I've been hoping to see for a very long time.

The Fight Wolff

Jun 30, 2015
I have to say going in I felt HBO was going to do a hatchet job on MMA given their track record with the sport, and there was a bias but not a horrible one. They did highlight the Mayweather and Tyson situations but as others have noted we did not see boxing's numbers next to the other sports. You have to wonder without the War Machine incident if they even do the episode. It was the focus of much of the air time for the piece and it certainly produced the most memorable images. Bellator was criticized by MMA media members when they hired War Machine while still in jail. But, even if you take War Machine out of it there is still a problem in the sport. It would have been refreshing to have spent more time with Rener Gracie and less time with Mayhem Miller and War Machine. It also would have been nice if there would have been somebody who had some ideas or solutions for the issue.