Dominick Cruz throws DC commentating under the bus, lol!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

This vid is the first time I've heard O'Malley speak. I always thought he was actual Irish, like Conor's cousin or something. I can't believe he's like from Woodlawn.
There appears to be some bizarre push from the UFC to get American fighters with no connection to their ancestral or partial ancestral roots to represent said ancestral country. Probably just a play to expand viewership/sell fight kits overseas, but it's lame all the same.

See Chiesa (Italy) and Ortega (Mexico) for other equally ridiculous examples.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
There appears to be some bizarre push from the UFC to get American fighters with no connection to their ancestral or partial ancestral roots to represent said ancestral country. Probably just a play to expand viewership/sell fight kits overseas, but it's lame all the same.

See Chiesa (Italy) and Ortega (Mexico) for other equally ridiculous examples.
I can go either way on that. I mean, I've never been to the Netherlands. But I grew up routinely hearing the language spoken in the home, and all my older relatives were legit Dutch. So nobody is gonna tell me I can't rep the oranje. :smile:

But yeah, that's different from "I'm Irish or Italian" and you're from Staten Island and you don't remember ever meeting a relative who wasn't also born and raised in Staten Island.

??